Thursday, October 09, 2008

headed in the right direction

I'm not going to lie to you. A large part of the time I'm faking this whole parenting thing. Just making it up as I go along and hoping I'm doing right and well by my girls. I hope that I'm teaching them what the important things are, but often wonder at their ages how often I'm managing to be understood. Then you have a conversation that lets you know you're on the right path....

Abby: Winter is almost here.
Me: Yep, it is.
Abby: I can't wait for it to be winter, but first we have to have Thanksgiving and Halloween.
Me: You're right.
Abby: Then I can't wait for...... for....
Me: Christmas?
Abby: Yeah Christmas because that's when Uncle Dave and Aunt Mel come home and I get to see them then. And I'm so excited about that.

No mention of Santa or gifts. Yeah, I think she's getting it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats our girl!!!!

Kristina said...

Great job, Mom!

Leah said...

awwww!

darlene said...

ahhh, Shan that is sooo sweet she loves her Uncle Dave!!,,,,,he is a lucky guy!!
Being an Auntie only and not a parent...this means alot