Wednesday, December 31, 2008

let's review, shall we

Happy New Year! Time for another yearly wrap up.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Made enough cookies to sink a ship.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Every year I try to give back a little bit more. Also live a little greener. This year will be more of the same.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not yet, but soon. The countdown to Baby K has begun.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just Canada.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
New living room furniture.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The date of the American Election. A real where were you when moment.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My family.

9. What was your biggest failure?
That chocolate cake I tried to make this Christmas.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered through Mike's surgery.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The Wii, no question.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The girls. It's where I have the most invested.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George Bush.

14. Where did most of your money go?
To bankroll the fairy tale we're living here.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Dave and Mel coming home!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Chicken Fried. We all sing it a lot and when we do Maya yells at us to stop.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
same same same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Family Fun Nights.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Dusting.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With all kinds of family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I certainly did.

22. How many one-night stands?
Nada.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office, Little Britain USA, Entourage, Dancing With the Stars & The New Adventures of Old Christine.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
What's the point?

25. What was the best book you read?
The Twilight Series.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rodney Atkins

27. What did you want and get?
A mixer.

28. What did you want and not get?
I have no complaints.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
WallE

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had dinner with my Mom? I think. I can't remember.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
High speed internet.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Jammers.

33. What kept you sane?
My family, my friends and the internet.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jeremy Piven & Adrian Grenier. I have to expand my horizons since I'm sharing most of my hawt guy stable with the Mommy Project.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Environment related issues.

36. Who did you miss?
My Dad, Papa Joyce, Ricky, my grandparents.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Normie & Dave!! Okay so we really didn't meet them this year, but it's my space, so my rules .

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Moving on is good.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It won't be like this for long
one day we'll look back laughing at the week we brought her home
this phase is gonna fly by, so baby just hold on
it won't be like this for long

~it won't be like this for long by Darius Rucker

5 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. They are so short and cute! Mine are long. I'm long winded, I know. Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Mommy Project said...

OMG!! My hormones and recent stress levels have turned me into a raving lunatic. I'm in ~tears~ over #37 right now!! {I used to be sane, I swear).

Thanks Shan.
:-x

Happy New Year, gf!!!!!

Leah said...

I always enjoy reading these types of posts!

Sounds like a good year overall!!

Anonymous said...

Shan, have a wonderful new year! Your list is great. Your number 7 is surprising...to me it's more like a date to forget, but I love you anyway!

Happy New Year! I read your blog faithfully even if I don't comment much!

Shan said...

Widney Woman - Oh I can be just as long winded, believe me.

Normie - Totally didn't mean to make you cry. I just feel, although I knew you before, this year I really *met* you guys. And as they say... I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Leah - Thanks, it was pretty great!

Julie - oh but I do wish you'd comment more often. I miss you! Drop me an email if you have a chance I want to hear how you and the little one are doing! Big hugs and happy New Year. And either way on number 7, you know I love you too!