Thursday, January 01, 2009

and more to be thankful for

Happy New 2009 to everyone! A brand new year, so full of possibilities. What better time for a Thankful Thursday? Word on the street is it will increase your level of happiness by 25% and I'm on board for anything that does that.

And now on to my list......

I am thankful for

1) 2009 - like I said it's a brand new year. Who knows what it will hold. It already looks pretty good to me.

2) Michael for usually being on board with all my grand plans for this little family of ours. For things like family movie night, family game night, the grandparent's club, living greener and teaching the kids to give back.

3) The crafty wheels in my head that keep turning and turning. Even if I only see a few of them to completion. It's huge fun for me to just dream and design. Right now I'm working on Maya's birthday cake. In my head it looks fantastic.

4) That we've only had two Wii related accidents thus far. Both just moments ago. (I am writing this in the early afternoon, but it will post later tonight). One when Maya got knocked onto her bum by a very excited six year old tennis player. The second, Abby, when her right hook met left hook and pinched a finger between the two controllers. She's a power boxer. What she lacks in technique she makes up for in never ending flurry of punches.

5) That my Wii Fitness age is currently lower than my actual age. It's true today, may not be tomorrow though. I have a whole post planned about the Wii and my all encompassing love for it. Stay tuned.

And just because I can....

6) I am thankful for new friends. In my last post the question was asked, Who was the best new person you met? And I am kicking myself because I totally forgot to say the Fabulous Widney Woman, who I only met because of Normie & Dave! (Thank you for that Normie!) She's is an amazing lady and I'm not just saying that because she brought me corn bread!

I hope you'll join us in listing the 5 things you're most thankful for. If you do, don't forget to link too and stop by The Mommy Project, our hostess for Thankful Thursday, to sign the Mr. Linky.

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Hey good things to be thankful for. I hardly ever am younger on the wii than in real life, it doesn't go down low enough! lol

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Awwww, I'm blushing! Thanks!! I'm really glad we met, too! Ha ha! I'm so glad I told you about my bribe so you would feel compelled to come meet me.

We just love that Mommy Project, don't we!

Next time I am your way, I'm bringing more corn bread mix. There is a really great and easy recipe on the back of the cornmeal pkg if ever you are in a pinch.

Shan said...

Betsy - Now I feel like an old lady :)

Widney - Yep the bribe was a good idea on your part. I'm like a turtle sometimes I need to be coaxed out of my shell. And yes... love The Mommy Project! Looking forward to your next visit already!!