Friday, January 02, 2009

knowing me, knowing you #1

Announcing a new feature to my little corner of the web. I'm going to give it a try and hope it catches on as nicely as What's Cooking Wednesday did. I'm going to hosting a monthly interview post. I'll post the questions around the first of the month and you're welcome to answer them on your own blog.

I've been trying to come up with a name all morning with nothing but Knowing Me, Knowing You coming to mind. Try as I might, it appears to be stuck there. So for lack of anything better I give you the very first Knowing Me, Knowing You post.

1. Making any New Year's resolutions this year or do you think the whole idea of resolutions is ridiculous?

I don't really make resolutions, but I do see a new year as a new start and spend some time thinking about what I'd like from the coming year. For me in 2009 I'd like to be healthier and find ways to give back that are more than just offering up a donation to a favourite charity.

2. Read/Watched anything good?

So I just finished up the Twilight Series and while I thought the third book dragged a little, overall, I loved the series. I borrowed these books from Heazer, but I could see getting a set of my own since I think there's a high re-read-a-bility factor there for me. And yes I did just invent a word. I thought it was a fun series that I was easily caught up in.

And I am clearly last to board this ship as well, but I've just started watching Little Britain USA as well as the original BBC show, Little Britain. So very funny. Mike actually started watching it first and kept insisting I watch it with him. If you haven't seen it before it's like a raunchy Saturday Night Live, only there are no musical acts and no guest hosts and it's not live. I'd be hard pressed to pick my favourite character but Ellie Grace and the lady that works at the hospital are way up there.

3. Blog you can't stop reading...

I have really been enjoying the new to me blog Dollar Store Crafts. Some of the crafts are a little meh, but they've had a really good idea or two.

4. George Clooney and Brad Pitt are together on the cover of the French edition of GQ. You can check out the sexiness here. Quick question..... who's hotter?

George Clooney, no question. I still haven't forgiven Brad for that whole Angelina thing. And I know you didn't ask, but Jennifer Aniston... way hotter.

5. When it comes to movies do you prefer the theater or dvd?

Although a night out is always fun, I really do prefer to watch movies on dvd for a variety of reasons; I can stretch out in my jammies under my favourite movie watching blanket. Snacks can be theme oriented around the movie (great for family movie night). Even if I don't want to get that fancy at least it will be something better than that popcorn that I can't stomach more than a handful or two of. And the extras. I love the extras on a dvd. Especially the gag reel. And I don't have to watch the entire movie in one sitting if I don't want to.

So there we have it the first knowing Me, Knowing you installment. I hope you'll play along on your blog and dont' forget to sign the Mr. Linky if you do. And if you have any suggestion for next month's questions drop me an email and let me know.

And now for the Knowing Me, Knowing You rules. You must link to the KMKY post on your blog, not just your blog's front page. Any links not linking to a KMKY post will be deleted. And there's no rush to answer the questions the day I post them. Just remember to come back here and let me know you played. Thanks and have fun.


13 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I have my answers entered. I will post in about 4 days and link back then. I have a 3-part series I am starting tomorrow.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Aww, some of the crafts are meh? I demand to know which ones!! :) Hey, you can't be brilliant all the time! :)

Heather

Leah said...

very fun! I will have to try to jump on the bandwagon next time around. hubby's been using vacation days from work for the last two weeks and he snubs his nose at my blogging time, so there hasn't been much of it lately (and it clearly shows in my lack of posts and lack of commenting on other people's blogs).

Erin said...

Such a great idea again Shan! Thanks for thinking of it and I hope to play along regularly!

Betsy Hart said...

I am playing on Tuesday. I will try and remember to link then!

Shan said...

Widney - can't wait to read your answers!

Heather - You have some very adorable crafts there. I am dying to make the felt trees, for example. Not so much the pot holder purse. Just not my bag... no pun intended. :)

Leah - Looking forward to your answers next go round.

Erin - thanks! And thanks for playing. Love the new blog.

Betsy - can't wait to read it.

Julie said...

Marty forgot the computer in montreal. We are gettnig it FedExed today. Hopefully I iwll be able to play along tomorrow!

Mommy Project said...

I played! But, I'm still a bit worked up. Don't ask me about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie again, k? ;-)

This is a GREAT bloggy idea. You're so smart (and lovely, and kind, and creative...)

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

I understand!! :) The great thing about the blog is that there's something for everyone... I hope! Thanks again for reading and for mentioning us! :)

Julie said...

Finally got it done! I can't wait for the next.

Shan said...

Julie - glad you got the computer back and thanks for playing.

Normie - sorry i got you worked up. I didn't realize it was such a hot button issue for you. And you know I'm going to keep you around. You're good for my ego!

Heather - Oh you certainly do have something for everyone. Great idea for a site.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I have to laugh! I scheduled this post, but didn't get to do my linky love until later. By the time I did, my SIL (Amanda @ Faithchick) had already viewed my post and was able to post her Knowing Me, Knowing You AND give linky love. See why I love her??

Anonymous said...

I like this post! It's a great idea, and I'm looking forward to next month's questions.