Thursday, December 11, 2008

thankful thursday

Well our Thankful Thursday hostess with the mostess is back! Finally finished all that homework. She's still working on that baby though and all the required baby gear. And now on to making myself 25% happier.

1. The proximity of our families. Mike and I decided at the last minute to take care of some Christmas shopping tonight. It was no problem having Grandma Sandi over here with little notice to babysit.

2. Online shopping. After we got home from Christmas shopping I continued to shop, in my jammies, from my desk chair. Another big leap towards being entirely finished shopping.

3. Vicks Vapo rub. It's helping Maya get a somewhat decent night's sleep. Which is helping me get a somewhat decent night's sleep.

4. The ability to sleep sitting up with a heavy almost three year old in my lap. I've just transitioned her from my lap to her bed. I'm hoping she's able to stay sleeping in her bed and I don't end up on the couch with her until morning.

5. Michael. I'm stealing a page from The Mommy's Project's book and reminding myself that I have a pretty great husband. Even if I do feel a little irritated that he's off at work, leaving me to tend to the two little ones that are having a hard time sleeping tonight.

And now off to grab some sleep before somebody needs me.

6 comments:

Leah said...

lots to be thankful for!

Mommy Project said...

You are very fortunate for the baby-sitting thing!

And...do you know what? I haven't even started to THINK about Christmas! Our tree isn't even up!! Where would we put it?? All the stuff left over from the old toy room/new baby's room is in the living room!! We just got paint last night, a new dresser and carpet today...oh...and a new light. We also got the poor kid some clothes! She'll be here in 6 weeks!!!! Arrrghhh!

Can you do my Christmas shopping for me? You are so good at it...and I just don't have the time!! ;-)
jk.

(my feet! my aching feet!)

Thanks for always playing T.T. with me.
You are the best.
xo
:)
n.

Shan said...

Leah - yep, I do.

Normie - I know we are. Very lucky. You should be shopping online. Chapters has toys now you know and free shipping.

And you're pretty great too!

Paula said...

I don't know what I'd do without Chapters online! And I never seem to have any trouble getting to the $39 to get the free shipping!

Shan said...

Paula - Neither do I!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Shan, I update my Thankful Thursday with or without our dear mutual friend. She is very busy these days. I wish she could relax more. I worry about her.

Now for business.
I am finally all caught up on your blog. I have the link on my blog, but I miss it all the time because it doesn't show me the feed for your latest entry. I've tried and tried to fix it, but it is stubborn!!

I just now noticed your 'subscribe by email' link. I've not been doing this so I'm missing your replies to me.

Love, love, love the new layout. I mentioned that in a previous blog comment, but didn't know about the subscribe vs the old way. So, if you replied, I missed it and I don't remember which entry I commented on.

Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend!!