Thursday, January 29, 2009

thankful thursday

Well it's Thursday and time to be thankful. I've heard it raises your level of happiness by 25%. I'm all in for that. And now my list....

I am thankful.....

1) That Maya survived a tumble down the stairs tonight without a single mark. I was upstairs, Abby down and Mike out at a meeting. Maya was on the way back down the stairs when I heard the first bump. My initial thought, it's either a toy or it's her. By the time I got to the top of the stairs she was in a heap at the bottom. I figure she fell between half and two thirds of the way down. She was scared more than anything and she screamed lots as I checked her over for bumps or bruises, but it did lead to one funny conversation.

Maya: I fell!
Me: I know you did.
Maya: I went round and round and round.
Me: I know you did, but you're okay, right?
Maya: I almost killed it.

By which, I think she meant, I almost died. Even still, where do they learn this kind of stuff?

2) That Mike was elected second vice president of our local agricultural society. That puts him in line to be President in 2011. (Hmmm wonder if that makes me the first lady?) I'm very proud of him. Mike has dedicated many hours volunteering at the fair over the years. It's nice to see him recognized in this way.

3) That my Darlene (and Sherry too) had a great time on her much deserved vacation in Cuba with her family. I know what a big deal it was for her to take this trip.

4) That Mike got home early from his meeting tonight and helped me clean up the house. Nothing like a nice tidy house to come home to on a Friday afternoon. Now there will be nothing keeping me from flaking out on the couch as soon as I get home.

5) That I had a chance to chat with Mr. The Mommy Project this afternoon. And I am happy to report that even though they've been battling this nasty cold over at their place too, the baby is doing well and eating well and Normie is getting a little bit of sleep. Hoping to meet her soon!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Shan, you are incredible. Part of your thankfulness if the happiness of your friends. You rack.

Glad to hear that Maya's tumble wasn't too bad. I can imagine how scary it was for the both of you.

FaithChick said...

I was laughing so hard about the stair story. This happens at my house all the time. Actually my baby tumbled down yesterday. It has got to the point were they don't even cry anymore. They just get up and continue on. I have to chase them down and ask them if they are okay. I could just hear her say that! That is so funny! Sorry I do not mean to laugh. I am glad that she was okay.

Betsy Hart said...

That conversation is so cute! I even had to share with my hubby :)

Shan said...

Julie - Aww thanks! Seriously if you knew her, you'd know. It was a big thing and I am really happy she went. Even if I missed her like crazy while she was gone. Yeah it was a bit of a heart stopping moment. I actually noticed today that she did end up with a faint bruise in the middle of her forehead.

FaithChick - no it's okay it was funny. It was all I could to keep my laughing in check.

Betsy - yeah she's a funny one.

darlene said...

ahhh..thanks my sweet shan!!....when i laid on the beach and actually had a moment i thought of you lynn, kathy , rachelle and linds....wondering ...how things were back home...and found myself having a little prayer....now I look back...i think wow...what an amazing moment....thinking about those I love!!....and they didnt even know.....