Thursday, February 05, 2009

i remember sleep

I'm not quite sure who I feel more sorry for at this point, Maya or myself. She's still not 100% over this cold. There seems to be a dry cough that likes to linger and it makes her uncomfortable through the night. It doesn't truly wake her up, but brings to that half awake and whining stage, on and off all night long. Mike and I split duties with her last night, I took the first half of the night and he took the second. Now I just managed to sneak away after being in bed with her since 9:30. Nothing like sharing a twin bed with a tossing and turning pre-schooler.

Even more frustrating than the broken and/or lack of sleep is the fact that this nasty cold of Maya's is keeping all of us from meeting The Mommy Project's newest edition (Abby and her ear infection helped too). Although she did post pictures on her blog so I finally got a peek at her. She's beautiful, by the way. And makes my ovaries ache. Also I find it extremely ironic that my Little My Pie is keeping me from her Lily-Pie.

And now off I go to try and get some sleep before she needs me again. At which point I plan on rolling over and telling Michael it's his turn.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I feel your exhaustion. Yesterday was 4am. Today 4:46. I know I should be thankful for the extra 46 minutes, but seriously, this is killing me. Hope Maya is feeling better REAL soon for you!

FaithChick said...

I feel your pain. Triston has been keeping us a wake for a week now. You might try puttin Vicks on the soal of her feet and put socks on. It really helps with coughs. I have done it many a time and it really works. I will be praying every one gets back to good health soon.

Mommy Project said...

We are a couple of exhausted Mommies! I hope all your kiddos are feeling better soon. I'm looking forward to you meeting Lily-Pie in person. :)

Betsy Hart said...

:( Its making the rounds here too. I can only pray that we are all healthy when Alivia arrives... we have 8 ish weeks...

darlene said...

ahhh my poor Sham!!...
wishes her sleep as well...hope tommorrow night does go well..u soo DESERVE IT!!....JUST DO IT K!!

Shan said...

Julie - thanks she finally seems to be getting back to her charming self.

Faithchick - oddly enough my Mom just mentioned that to me not long ago. I'll have to give it a try.

Normie - so happy I finally got to meet her.

Betsy - I hope so too.

Darlene - thanks!!