Saturday, February 28, 2009

knowing me, knowing you - march

Time once again for that monthly interview project I started. I hope you play along as well. Just answer the questions on your own blog (or in the comments if you don't have a blog of your very own) and then come back here to sign the Mr. Linky.

#1 What is your dream life?

Well really I'm already living it. I know... cliche. Recently there have been some hefty jackpots in the lottery so that's usually time to play... "what if?" What if we won? I think it's safe to say we'd buy a farm. Mike would like to buy an established place, but I'd rather buy a sizeable piece of land and build my dream home. You know something with a finished basement, guest suite, master suite, a bathroom the girls could share, huge chef's kitchen with professional grade appliances and acres of granite counter tops. And enough acreage for Mike to plow up and plant and harvest. I could see us keeping horses too.

#2 Do you play games online?

Yep I sure do. I love scrabble on facebook. And there's a Yoville obsession sweeping through work I've gotten caught up in. Kinda. I'm dipping a toe in. I love diner dash and those types of time management games. So much so I've been logging into Abby's webkinz account and playing pizza palace. Yep a grown woman playing with her daughter's webkinz at midnight. I'm that cool.

#3 Seen anything good lately?

Robin and I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic which was great, but not what I had pictured in my head while reading the book. That's a bit hard to reconcile sometimes. And Mike and I just saw Gran Torino which was nothing like I was expecting, but wow! Clint Eastwood is really incredible in this. Mike deemed it his favourite Eastwood role yet.

#4 What is your favourite pizza combination?

Usually we go with the old standby pepperoni, bacon and mushroom. This past weekend we mixed it up with mushroom, grilled chicken and feta. Oh yum!

#5 How are you with houseplants?

I am useless with plants. I've had houseplants over the years of course. Usually gifts and I usually manage to kill them in no time. The one exception being the Christmas Cactus I had forever that I even got to bloom. I'd probably still have it if not for the cat completely destroying it one day. This Christmas Abby picked out a plant for me while she was shopping with Papa. Clearly she hasn't been paying attention the past six and a half years, but my baby girl bought it for me and I am determined to keep it alive. Wish me luck.




So now the rules, they're pretty simple. Post your answers to these questions on your own blog in the next few days. Remember to link back here in your post and sign the Mr. Linky too, so we can all see what you have to say. Please make sure you link to your actual KMKY post and not your blog's front page. Any front page links will be deleted. And most importantly, have fun!

6 comments:

Julie said...

When do you sleep?

Mommy Project said...

Oh that is so funny!
(#2)
You ~are~ so cool, Shan!
;-)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Great list. Isn't it fun to dream?

Kristina said...

Man, yet more proof we are somehow two halves of the same whole. I, too, would like to own a bunch of land and build a dreamhouse. I, too, just saw Confessions of a Shopaholic and Gran Torino within the last week. (Didn't like Confessions nearly as much as I liked the whole book series. I thought Gran Torino was good, but not enough character / plot development. My hubby, on the other hand, loved it and thought it was one of Eastwood's better roles, too.) I kill plants like it is going out of fashion. I like online games, too. I like the first few levels of Diner Dash, but then it gets crazy and I don't like it so much after that.

Shan said...

Julie - I sleep much less than I should. I can't help it there's just so much other stuff I'd rather be doing.

Mommy Project - Now I stop in everyday to make sure the fish is fed and happy and gather up all the kinzcash bonuses I can. It's pathetic, but Mike's doing it too so at least we're freaks together.

Widney - it sure is.

Kristina - Yeah I kind of felt the same way about shopaholic. What did you think of the actor playing Luke. Not at all how I pictured him. That was a bit of a let down. I can see your point on Gran Torino. And Diner Dash yes.. .I'm stuck at one level right now and it's driving me nuts. Luckily there's a zillion different versions of that kind of game. So I can just restart somewhere else.

Kristina said...

It took me forever, but I finally got around to answering the questions! Thanks for the blog idea.