Sunday, March 01, 2009

an actual conversation between two apparent grownups

Over the past couple of years Abby has received several WebKinz animals as gifts. While we didn't have high speed at the time they were nothing more than stuffies to play with. Over time most of her WebKinz have lost their tags, but there were one or two still hanging around, so this past week we let her login to WebKinz online. Abby picked the clownfish she just got for Chirstmas from Robin as her pet of choice. So we hooked him up and now she goes online to take care of his needs and to play games with either Mike or myself in attendance. And that led to this conversation this morning....

Mike: I was on webkinz this morning. That clownfish ate like a king.
Me: Did you know there was a spot you could go to get them a daily treat. I fed him a hamburger last night.
Mike: I fed him one this morning.
Me: Yeah but this is for free. And if you go every day you get a bonus.
Mike: I played Pizza Palace this morning and earned some cash.
Me: I played last night.
Mike: How do you adjust his other two levels? Like how do you make him happier?
Me: Well he seems to get happier when you play in the arcade.
Mike: This is not a conversation two thirty-five year olds should be having, how to keep our fake clownfish happy.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Believe me when I tell you I HEAR YA! I was a little addicted to playing with Emily's persian kitty this summer when we all had a bit more time on our hands. They suck you in, I tell you! Wait until you have some more mula and can really start decorating some rooms and buying accessories. Did you know you can buy certain combos of food to create special treats in the kitchen that really fill your pet up quickly (gets pricey, but it's fun). so yeah, been there with ya... LOL

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious.

Julie said...

lmao

Anonymous said...

So, so funny. (Although I wouldn't turn down any Webkinz website tips, if you know what I'm saying.)

Mommy Project said...

When we were stuck with the dial-up I just told the girls they would have to use their webkinz and epets and whatever else they have over at their Grandmas (who has always lived in the land of broadband). Is it evil of me that I don't want to let them know they ~could~ be doing it here now?

And...
you and Mike are too funny!
:)

Betsy Hart said...

ROFL!! Glad I have maybe a couple years before that hits!!

Shan said...

Leah - Mike was glad to hear that we aren't the only "weird parents" :) So far we've invested in a bathroom. So Abby's been giving him bath after bath. That is one squeaky clean clownfish.

Karen & Julie - yep we are funny or pathetic... depends on how you look at it.

Turtlehead - well if someone was interested you could make sure to do your daily kinzcare, mine for the daily gem, visit the wishing well and spin the wheel of wow. That has the ptotential to be a whole boatload of easy kinzcash.... that's what I hear.... you know from the kids.

Mommy Project - We used to do the same, she only played at my Mom's and I thought about not telling her, but it has been an effective "reward tool". If I was uber organized I'd have a "chore chart" all worked up. She does have to have her homework done first and have been reasonably pleasant all day.

Betsy - enjoy it while you can!