Thursday, February 12, 2009

thankful thursday

Just trying to up the happy quotient by 25% here just by listing the 5 things I am thankful for. So lets get right to it;

I am thankful for....

1) Six and a half. Abby is now six and a half and wow! Is that great. Tonight Mike had a meeting and Maya was playing her favourite role of Miss Cranky Pants. I asked Abby if she was done her valentines yet... she wasn't. So she gathered up her cards and her class list and headed up to her bedroom. She shut the door and did them all by herself. I didn't hear a peep out of her. Awesome!

2) The Mommy Project getting highspeed internet. Know why? Cause she lives right across the street. So odds are good I will be able to get it. And this is highspeed without the need for an antenna on the roof. Awesome!

3) For finally seeing Lily-Pie! She is just so sweet. Makes me pause and really consider another baby. Even though my head tells me the risk is too great. So I guess Normie will just have to put up with me being at her place all the time to cuddle Lily-Pie. Awesome!

shan1


4) My boy getting through on American Idol. I show I've never really watched before. Young man who lost his wife... yeah that will get me every time. I feel emotionally invested now, so I must watch. Awesome!

5) Discovering Flight of the Conchords, a very funny show on HBO Canada. My favourite episode, the one with the gang, Bret and the Tough Brets. My exact kind of humour. Awesome!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Marty loves Flight of the Concordes. He is constantly quoting them, which means nothing to me because i have never watched it.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm so addicted to American Idol now, too! It's like crack.

And man, that is one cute baby.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Great list!! I think I get to live 10% longer for having read your Thankful Thursday list each week....WidneyWoman

Shan said...

Julie - Well then Marty and I could totally hang out. I quote them often. So funny.

Turtlehead - yeah it only took 8 seasons, but it looks like I am too. I have to admit I'm a sucker for a good story and they had be hooked the minute he started talking about his wife's passing. Then when he could actually sing... well then they had me in the boat.

Widney - Thanks. I am happy to be extending your life :)