Wednesday, February 11, 2009

to do in oh nine

So I can't remember where I saw this originally. I read a lot of blogs, y'all. Way more than I should on dial up. It takes me forever to load and read and then if I want to comment. Forgetaboutit. Well look at me wandering around over here off topic. Anyway, what I saw was a to do list instead of New Year's Resolutions. So for the past month or so I've had a list floating around my desk I've been adding to.

So in the next year I would like to....

- Get the girls their SIN cards.
- Keep consistently on top of the laundry (snort!)
- Do more low cost big fun entertaining
- Recycle a sweater
- Have all the tax info to the accountant before the last possible minute
- Attempt some canning
- Make more home made gifts
- Be more organized in the morning
- Donate my hair to charity
- Catch up on the stack of dvds and books I have
- Make a digital scrapbook of last year's pictures
- Make a chicken pot pie
- Teach myself to knit in the round
- Compile Abby's fair ribbons into a hybrid scrapbook for her
- Have my bedroom look like a grown up's room and not a starving college student's
- Participate in my second Relay For Life
- Make a successful batch of Chex Mix
- Make caramel corn
- Have a perogie making day like I used to with my Grandma
- Have Mom show me how to make cabbage rolls Grandma's way... again... this time pay closer attention
- Host Game Night
- Find couples to come to game night (accepting applications!)

I think I'll pop a link to this list over into the side bar and cross items off as I complete them. And what about you? What's on your to do list?

6 comments:

Julie said...

I don't have a list. Don't know if I am ready to see how much I don't get done on it. Have you checked out the chexmix.com site? They have tonnes of recipes. It's crazy. The traditional is good, as well as one of the sweet ones that I made for my dad. Yummy! I think I might try one of the spicy ones next time.

Chantal said...

Other than declutter my house (and dam that list is long) I don't have any other list. Once I get through that one I just may start a new one.

Mommy Project said...

Oh, I like this idea much better than a resolution because you are still being mindful of the things you want to do, but it doesn't have the same annoying sense of a deadline attached to it. I think I will work on a list of my own. Item #1) Get invited to a couple's game night at The Fairy Blogmother's house.;-)

p.s. who is your boy? Is it the poor guy who just lost his wife?

FaithChick said...

I love caramel popcorn. My friend has a great recipe. I will make sure to get it over to you. Be warned though you will eat the whole thing by yourself! Great idea and great list.

Leah said...

Looks like a list with a lot of fun things on it as well. I had to laugh about the cabbage rolls and paying closer attention this time. LOL!! My husband would probably faint dead away if I learned how to make cabbage rolls and served them up. He LOVES the slimey smelly little things (can you tell I'm not a real fan???). Maybe that should be a What's cooking wednesday installation someday soon once you've paid better attention... *grin*

I would love to have a more organized/less cluttered house. I would love to have an actual bedroom set in my room, and have my room be less of a catch-all (overflow of junk from the rest of the house...LOL). I would love my house to actually be decorated (nice paint on the walls with pretty valances that coordinate with cozy and complimentary furniture, with artfully placed knick knacks and lots of pictures on the walls, ETC). SO, I guess my goal is in learning some sense of fashion and style so I know how to get started in the decorating portion of things, and to learn how to part with a few things from time to time to help with the clutter issues!!

Shan said...

Julie - thanks I'll have to check that site out.

Chantal - something I should probably add to the list. Good luck with yours!

Normie - yeah I thought the same thing. And you are totally invited. And yep, the guy that lost his wife. So sad.

Faith - thanks, looking forward to it.

Leah - Well I didn't want it all to be grunt work. I come from a Polish family, so cabbage rolls are big here. Mike's not a huge fan though. And I would like my house to look like all put together too. One day... maybe.