Thursday, March 26, 2009

thankful

It Thursday again and time to be thankful. I have heard that writing down what you are thankful for can increase your happiness by 25% and I'm all in for that.

And now my list -- I am thankful for...

1) My Mom! Yes again! This past Christmas my Mom was part of the plan that got me my new KitchenAid Professional grade mixer. I had seen it in the flyer before Christmas and it was too much of a deal to pass up, but I did because it was Christmas and certainly not the time to be spending frivolously on myself. Lucky for me my family went behind my back and got me one anyway. And then my deal savvy Mother hopped online to see if there were any rebates offered on the purchase of a KitchenAid mixer. Turns out there was and just by sending in a copy of the receipt I got a beautiful new knife block full of beautiful KitchenAid knives -- for free. This same set was in the Canadian Tire flyer this past weekend for nearly $200. I have never owned a "good set" of knives before. Wow! If you like to cook -- good knives are totally worth the investment. Thanks Mom!

2) Grandma Linda who helped me find a dress for the wedding the family is attending in about two weeks. As I flipped through my closet the other night trying to figure out what I was going to wear I realized I have a "Mom closet". And by that I mean I am a Mom and at this stage of my life all my friends are married, I don't go clubbing or hang out at bars with friends. So my closet is filled with yoga pants, long sleeved tees, jeans, dress jeans and the occasional sweater. Not exactly wedding attire. Now that I have a dress Grandma Linda pointed out I will need shoes too because I guess my flip flops just won't cut it.

3) Kids Club. My sitter runs a kids club at her church every other week, they make a craft (or two) maybe do some baking and have a little chat about Godly things. It is just the perfect thing for my artsy fartsy little girl, who just told me tonight that she wants to be "an artiste" when she grows up. Also this week they made a Easter centrepiece that she hid in her nightstand. Apparently I can't see it before the big day!

4) Heather and jammie movie night. It was so much fun. We are so doing it again next month. Sex and the City -- who's in?

5) For my to do list. I always have a kajillion things that have to get done around here milling about it my head and it always seems a struggle to get to it all. Tonight I actually wrote down a list of what I wanted accomplished tonight with each member of the family being assigned to something. For example Maya needed to have a bath, Abby needed to take out the recycling and do her homework. Mike and I split laundry, tidying the house and loading the dishwasher. It all got done and with no arguing. Abby was really great too after an initial poutfest, she sat down and took care of her homework (quickly too I might add) and then got up and put her shoes on to take the recycling out to the road. And now I have a nice tidy house to come home to tomorrow after work. Perfect set up for the weekend!!

And what are you thankful for?

3 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

You have won an award. Please go to my blog to claim it.

Chantal said...

I am thankful that you always remind me to be thankful. Cause I need reminders (a lot!)

Shan said...

Widney - thanks!! You're the best!

Chantal - Aww that's sweet.