Thursday, March 19, 2009

time to be thankful

It's thursday again and time to be thankful. My very good buddy, the Mommy Project tells me I can increase my happiness by 25%, just by listing the things I am thankful for and I'm all in for that.

I am thankful for --

1) Friends who have parents willing to pick us up jars of Jif on their way home from Florida. I'm not sure why, but all of the sudden I cannot seem to find a jar of Jif peanut butter anywhere and believe me we have been to lots of stores looking for it. I used to be a Kraft peanut butter girl, but then we tried Jif and all the other stuff paled in comparison. Even Abby calls the Skippy we have been eating "not good" and asks "where's the good peanut butter?" Right now in my pantry there is 5 jars of Jif and I am considering rationing it out to make it last as long as possible.

2) My friend Heazer, who is going to Wal Mart at midnight to get Twilight on dvd so we can watch it together in our jammies on Saturday night. Abby has made me promise to keep the volume of the "vampire movie" down low so she doesn't have bad dreams.

3) The clearance section on chapters.ca. I pick up tons of books I probably wouldn't look at twice if it wasn't for the bargain basement price. I just finished a great book I got from there, Dear Zoe. So moving, I admit to getting a bit weepy at the end.

4) My Mom and her help in getting the girls dresses for a wedding we're going to soon.

5) The beautiful weather we've had this week. The flurries this afternoon ticked me off a bit, but tomorrow looks good -- cool, but sunny.

And what are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I love Jif too! Can't believe you are having issues finding it! They have it in most grocery stores here... And I agree about the pretty weather. Not that we have had snow or anything, but a break in the rain is nice. :)

A Crafty Mom said...

mmmmm, Jif. Love it.

I am thankful for the fact that nobody here is puking today. VERY thankful :-) And we rented MILK tonight and I can't wait to sit back and watch it and relax after a long, stressful week!

Shan said...

Betsy - we always did here too, but now you can't seem to find it anywhere in Canada. It stinks!

Crafty Mom - that is a good thing to be thankful for! How did you like Milk?