Wednesday, April 29, 2009

i was that mom

Last night I was up with Maya from about 2 am. She was restless and complaining of a sore stomach. She would sleep in little snatches and then wake up calling for me again. She finally gave in and started throwing up just after 4 this morning. By the time Mike got up to get ready for work Maya had settled enough that we both drifted off to sleep on the couch. Me thinking that Mike would take Abby to the sitters to get on the bus there so I could sleep for as long as Maya would let me.

So you can imagine I was surprised to have Abby leaning over top of me saying -- um, Mom, I think I need to get dressed.

Well yeah you probably do, considering your bus will be here in 15 minutes. That's 15 minutes people!

Startled to full awakedness I flew off the couch throwing clothes at Abby and telling her today was the day to set the landspeed record for getting dressed. I raced into the kitchen and made her lunch in about 17 seconds. Next I shoved her in the bathroom hoping she could brush her hair and her teeth at the same time while I grabbed myself some clothes. I love my jammies, yes, but I was not wearing them out to the bus. For some reason that was a line I was not willing to cross this morning, as screwed as I already was. Abby raced for the back door asking what coat should she wear. Really she's asking me what the weather will be like -- does she need her rain coat, a warmer coat or a spring coat. I may have yelled back -- just grab anything -- I'm not sure, it's all kind of a blur.

I am not quite sure how we accomplished it, but she was at her stop with time to spare. Maya slept through the entire event. As for me, there was way too much adrenaline in my system to even attempt to get back to sleep. And by the time is was down to a normal level Maya was up and crying because the cat was looking at her. So now, many hours, many drinks of water, many Mommy snuggles, many soda crackers later I am finally going to sleep. Night all.

5 comments:

Mommy Project said...

Oh no! I saw you headed down your driveway - I had no idea what kind of night/morning you just had. Way to pull it all off! I hope Maya is feeling better and that this won't be another one that hits the whole house. :-0

Betsy Hart said...

Om goodness! What a morning! Hope you were able to get the rest you needed!

Leah said...

wow, WAKE UP, I guess, eh? Nothing like an adrenalin rush to start off the day on the wrong foot. LOL yikes!

Hope Maya is feeling better!!!!

FaithChick said...

poor baby, but way to go super mom!!

Shan said...

MP - I was too bleary eyed to see that far:) So far it seems to have begun and ended with Maya.

Betsy - I did eventually, thanks.

Leah - She is thanks.

Faith - thanks:)