Monday, April 06, 2009

it went easier than i thought

I figured my biggest hurdle in getting a family of four from work, school and the sitters on time to a five o'clock wedding on a Monday night was going to be Maya. This is the kid that doesn't handle change well and the thought of having to get her into her new fancy dress, tights, shoes and dress coat was giving me palpitations. Simply because it was all new clothes and nothing like her usual uniform of yoga pants and long sleeved tees.

It must have been my lucky day because when the time to get her dress on -- she did! Well actually she initially told me no and wanted to put on her jammies instead, but what she picked as her jammies was the dress and I wasn't about to correct her. I will admit to offering up a silent prayer of thanks as she pulled on her tights or big socks as she called them and happily slipped her feet into her "new princess shoes". She was even happy to put on her dress coat.

050024


The wedding was lovely. Abby deemed the kissing part "embarassing" and actually got a bit weepy when the ceremony started. The girls stayed up way past their bedtime, so we let Abby take the day off school and so she could sleep in.

7 comments:

Mommy Project said...

The girls look beautful, Shan. And, your baby Maya...she looks so big all of a sudden!! When do we get to see your new `do? I've been waiting, and waiting...

Glad the wedding went well. :)

Julie said...

OMG they are gorgeous. And those dresses are beautiful. Can't wait to see a family pic. And new hair?? Let's see! Let's see! Did you end up with enough hair for Locks of Love?

Chantal said...

Oh my, they look adorable! Those are beautiful dresses.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Cute!!!!! Glad to hear Maya pulled through and pulled it off. The girls must have loved all the attention!

I get how scared you were about Maya. My cousin is getting married this summer and wanted Mini Me in the bridal party. I just can't imagine spending that much on a dress and traveling that far, only to have her pout out at the last minute. I finally told her last week, I didn't think it was going to happen. It's like a weight being lifted off.

darlene said...

so cute!!

Leah said...

they look so pretty in their matching dresses!!! Glad you got Maya ready without issue!!

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

Love those dresses!