Sunday, April 05, 2009

this and that

I have an absolute crushing headache and there isn't a speck of Advil to be found in the house. Desperate times call for desperate measures so I ate some of Abby's chewable Advil. Here's hoping it works.

I'm not quite sure what happened to this weekend. It just seems like it was only beginning a minute ago and here we are on Sunday night.

I watched the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford this weekend. Wow! Who knew Casey Affleck could act like that. Brad Pitt's no slouch either. Really a great movie.

Abby had four pages of math homework this weekend. That could be where my head ache originated. Math is a bit of a struggle for her, I think more because she doesn't like it than she can't do it. She'd much rather be singing or painting or creating things out of toilet paper rolls.

We're going to a wedding tomorrow evening. The girls have new dresses to wear and are completely beside themselves about the whole thing. Although Abby says she is not looking forward to the kissing part because "that will be gross".

4 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

UGH! I feel for Abby. I HATE MATH TOO!!! I am taking the one and only math class I have to take for my degree this term. The idiot I am, took a 'self paced' class, so I don't have in class instruction.... still deciding if that was the best idea! lol. Hope the advil worked. :)

Julie said...

So, does children's Advil work? If you take enough? ;-) Marty and I watched MILK. I love Sean Penn. Great movie. Have fun at the wedding! Hope to see some pics of all the pretty dresses...

Chantal said...

Headache = yuck, hope you are feeling better
Math homework = yuck, I hate it when D brings home math.
Wedding = have fun!

Shan said...

Betsy - I think she'd do better if she didn't attempt to race through it so it was over quicker.

Julie - Yep, it worked. Just read the mg per pill so you take enough to equal the adult dosage. It tastes like crap though. I've been wanting to see Milk, thanks for the recommendation.

Chantal - I am thanks. And yes math is frustrating. And we did have fun, thanks!