Monday, May 04, 2009

sigh and here comes seven

Tonight on the way home....

Abby: Today I wrote in my journal about my birthday because it will be my birthday soon.
Me: You're right. I guess we should make a decision about that.
Abby: Are you going to chase me?
Me: Hmmm?
Abby: Are you going to chase me?
Me: What are you talking about?
Abby: You said you wanted me to stay six. Are you going to chase me on my birthday and when you catch me squash me down so I can't turn seven?
Me: I might.
Abby: I'm going to lock myself in my room.

there's a pause in the conversation because I am quietly killing myself laughing

Abby: You should give me one of those things Maya has in her room.

She is talking about the child safety door knob cover that Maya has on her door knob to keep her from escaping in the middle of the night while the rest of us sleep.

Abby: But put it on the other side.
Mike: She means on the outside of the door so you can't get in and squash her back down to six.
Me: I understand.
Abby: Why don't I have a lock on my door? For my privacy. What about my privacy?

Could I squash her back down to six? Do you think?

6 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I'll come squash with you just for that lock on the door for privacy comment.

Lynn said...

Oh man, they do grow up too fast! Seven sounds so big.

Hope Abby has a great birthday...I can't wait to see her fabulous cake!

Mommy Project said...

Seven! How can that ~be~? I actually thought Maddie was turning 6 this year for awhile there..then I remembered she already ~was~ six. It's going by so fast, Shan!!

btw--the invite hasn't made it to Maddie's backpack yet.

Betsy Hart said...

I WISH!!! Can't they just stay little??

FaithChick said...

oh my goodness that is so funny! Serenity is about to turn 6. She has been crying over absolutely everything. I am really starting to worry about when this girl gets to be a teen. Why couldnt we be able to squish them down and keep them our little angels forever.

Leah said...

7 comes in 2.5 more days for Emily, and I'm sorely tempted to figure out a way to squash her back down to 6. Sigh... Where does the time go??

Happy almost birthday to Abby! Good luck hiding from your mom! ha ha!