Saturday, May 09, 2009

things i wish i had right now

I have one healthy kid, one sick kid -- both are asleep. I have one husband -- he is out socializing with friends. I am on my own, enjoying the quiet after 24 hours spent with an upchucking child.

Things I wish I had right now.....

A very cold, very big strawberry daiquiri.

A very deep soaker tub filled with very hot water and a stack of magazines on the side. Preferably People, Us Weekly, OK, Cosmo and a cooking mag or three thrown in for good measure.

Freshly washed and line dried sheets on a very expensive king sized pillow top mattress.

A Diners, Drive Ins and Dives marathon on the Food Network.

A laptop so I could surf the web from my expensive king sized pillow top mattress while watching Triple D.

What I do have.....

A bottle of Advil liquid gels.

Freshly washed and dryer dried sheets and comforter.

A book about a bomb squad detective I'm almost finished.

A queen sized bed I won't have to share for a few more hours at least. Well except for the cat.

And I think that will do....... night all.

4 comments:

renae said...

Sometimes I wish for a pink room with an interior lock, a comfy couch and a TV that only plays Lifetime, TLC and the food network.

Betsy Hart said...

Hope you had a good night. :)

Julie said...

Glad the puking child syndrome has left the house and hope you had good mama day in the end.

Shan said...

Renae - I could do with one of those sometimes too.

Betsy - I fell asleep while reading my book. I'm not sure what kind of night that makes it.

Julie - thanks