Monday, May 18, 2009

a whole pile of random

Why does a long weekend never really seem to be long enough?

We decided to have dinner out with the kids tonight. Why? Because we're crazy, but also we had a gift card (thanks Kaffy) *and* kids eat free on Mondays. Double score. The potential for disaster was of epic proportions. But I am happy to tell you it went off without a hitch. Kudos to our uber cute and very smart waitress who put the girls pizza order in right away. They were starting dinner while we ate our salad. I am embarassed to admit that's a strategy we've never tried before, but one we will be adopting from now on.

Granny came for her monthly sleepover this weekend too. I was woefully unprepared for it. Sorry Mom, I promise to be better next time. Although I did make her some choclate cake with a killer cream cheese frosting and that should make up for some of it.

Abby has asked for a guitar for her birthday. And lessons. From her Daddy. She figures since he can rock out to guitar hero on medium that qualifies him as a teacher. It does not.

Which reminds me, Abby's birthday is fast approaching. I need to get planning a party, or two, already. And designing a cake or three to go along.

Overall the toilet training is going well. We've got number one locked down. She owns number one. Number two continues to be difficult. Number two continues to try my patience while Maya laughs her little face off. It is becoming extremely difficult to maintain my cool during the resulting clean up sessions. I have faith that we will get there soon. Only sixteen months until she starts school, we need to have it locked down by then. I'm cautiously optomistic.

Thing that is making Michael chuckle lately -- the commercial with the guy chopping wood and he says, "hey, throw me the axe." and then "Bad Decision" flashes across the screen. He can't even talk about it without laughing his head off.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

That restaraunt idea is wonderful! I might adopt that one :)

Shan said...

Yeah I can't believe I never thought of it before.