Saturday, June 06, 2009

friday high five - more you didn't know

I was just thinking there may be one or two or five things you still don't know about me. So for this week's Friday High Five -- Five things you have yet to learn about me...

Angela's Adventures


1. I HATE peeling potatoes and I really don't think I've stressed that enough. It's a chore I despise so much that I just refuse to do it. So if you're here for dinner please expect all of your potatoes in whatever manner I choose to serve them -- roasted, mashed, scalloped, salad, etc -- will have their skins on. Thank you very much for your co-operation.

2. Apparently the mere sight of a small mouse nearing the end of it's life on my basement floor will send me screaming up the stairs. Yep, happened this morning. My ever loving husband took care of it for me, but not before I had a freak out of epic proportions. I'm pretty sure The Mommy Project heard me at her place.

3. For the past month I have gone veggie for "66%" of the day. In terms of my life that means no meat until dinner time. I am definitely eating way more veggies/fruit than I ever have before. Shockingly it was a very easy transition. Every now and then I miss having a sandwich for lunch, but not enough to actually have one.

4. I'll take an ice cream cone over a freezie or a popsicle any day of the week.

5. I am the very proud owner of a drumstick that Keith Urban tossed out into the crowd at a very small show he played in Toronto. I wish I could say I caught it myself, but my galpal ML had the very good fortune to attend the show and caught it. Lucky for me she loves me more than she loves Keith Urban.

5 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

That is so sweet about your friend giving you the drumstick!

And I hate peeling potatos too, I have a SCAR on my finger from where I peeled that instead. :(

And I love icecream cones, but like them in a bowl, so I can eat the cone before it gets mushy.

One last comment from the peanut gallery, you could always have a pb and j sandwich!

Mommy Project said...

Great list! I always love these posts when you do them (I think mine must be terribly, terribly, boring).
1) All the nutrients are in the peel, anyway, right?
2) Ah...poor whittle mousey. Ya, I heard you screaming. I just thought you had finally had enough of Maya's new toy. ;-)
3)Good for you! I'm hoping to get more veggie meals posted again soon-(ish).
4)Ice Cream. Mmmmm. I just had a bowl, actually.
5)Wow! That's a very, very, good pal. If Danny Gokey throws out a pair of his glasses, do you think Miss Mary Sunshine would give them to you?

Have fun over there tonight!!
--but...keep it down. ;-)
xo.

Chris said...

nice post... :) its my first time here... see you around!

Jamie said...

Fun list and I love your About Me blurb in the side bar. Yeah for all of us Cinderellas!

Loving your blog.

Angela said...

I hate peeling potatoes too! For some reason, it kills my back! See this is another high five post I have never seen!