Friday, June 26, 2009

friday high five - what's under your bed?

Angela's Adventures


Earlier this week I had the idea in my head that I should rearrange our bedroom furniture while Mike was out farming. I'm going to pause here for a moment to let my Mother finish laughing her head off because this exactly the type of thing she would do when my Dad was on nights. He'd go to work, we'd go to bed and she'd stay up all night rearranging and in the morning none of us could find the couch.

So I moved our bed from the south wall to the west wall and our tv/dresser from the north wall to the east wall. This will allow me to move my Grandpa's old rocker/recliner up to our bedroom so Mike can start watching the Jays games up there and I can use the living room TV for such important viewings as I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here (Just kidding - I have yet to watch a single episode of that -- apparently I do have reality TV standards, who knew?)

So for this week's Friday High Five -- What I found under my bed......

1. Four empty water bottles. I have mentioned before that I avoid making single use purchases when I can. That means no juice boxes or bottled water. Goodness only knows how long they've been under there.

2. Countless odd socks that have long since been consumed by dust bunnies. Either that or I lost a lot of single gray fuzzy socks.

3. A barbie doll leg. Yep, just one single leg. I'm not sure who it belongs too. I haven't noticed any of the girls Barbies on crutches recently.

4. Mr. Potato Head feet and an arm.

And finally the best one of them all........

5. A single newborn diaper! Umm I don't know if y'all have heard, but my baby My Pie is three years and 5 months old. So if you understand basic math, that diaper's been under there for 3+ years. (ps. it was all kinds of tiny. Made me want another baby for half a second)

Yeah I'm all kinds of awesome!

5 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Hee Hee!! I have had a strict rule that NOTHING was to be under the beds. Ever. City living has caused me to go loosey goosey on that rule. There is more under my bed than I can count. I know for a fact there is a computer, dust bunnies, file box, dust bunnies, shoes, dust bunnies, memory box for J, dust bunnies, memory box for me. Oh! And dust bunnies - like rabbits and multiply!!

Leah said...

I stash gifts for future use under my bed. My kids have been told numerous times that there are gifts under there, and they can certainly look, but it sure would be a heck of a lot more fun to be surprised... There's also tons of dust bunnies, I'm sure, a big stash of tissue paper (the package doesn't fit anywhere else logical...LOL) and some random odds and ends I probably don't want to know about. Dan discovered and empty bag of chips a few months ago under his side, but we both swear it wasn't us. We're suspecting Connor got into the chip drawer and hid in our room to polish it off. LOL!

Unknown said...

LOL - great post :)

Betsy Hart said...

LOL! That is funny. I find random potato pieces everywhere!!

Shan said...

WW - Yep there were lots of dust bunnies too!

Leah - That's where the water bottles came from. Little Miss Abby. I swear it wasn't me.

CG- thanks

Betsy - That's probably the one thing I haven't found.