Thursday, July 23, 2009

you capture - black and white

Photobucket


This week's challenge was black and white. I love black and white pictures. I think it really brings out the emotion in the picture when you strip away all the "colour noise". This week The Mommy Project and I had talked about doing a photo walk for this week's challenge, but this week just kind of got away from me and we never did talk about it again. I actually didn't pick up my camera much at all this week.

We've been having problems with our satellite reception since the spring. Mike, correctly, diagnosed the problem being the tree in the middle of our back yard. Turns out this year it grew just enough to wreck havoc with our TV watching abilities. The tree coupled with the past few weeks of overcast and rainy weather have made TV watching virtually impossible (I haven't seen the FoodNetwork in weeks my friends! Weeks!!). So last night Papa, Mike and I trimmed out the branches that had been causing the issue. Big huge branches that made loud cracking sounds as Papa cut through them. And fell very quickly out of the tree with loud thuds. It was all a little heart stopping for the worrywart that lurks somewhere deep inside me. Once we had the limbs down the girls had a great time climbing all over the pile. Great photo op for Mom.

050015A


050011A


050017A


Now this last one I took last month of ML's pond at the farm. There's a category in the fair - black and white photo - exhibitor's choice. This is an advanced category and I am soooo not in the advanced realm, but I'm considering entering it anyway. What do you think?

030009A


You Capture - hosted by...

Photobucket

8 comments:

Mommy Project said...

Wow!!!
Great job, Shan!
I especially love the photo of the two girls together. That is adorable. You will have to get that one enlarged!

Goofball said...

I love that last one a lot...do enter it

Lynn said...

I also really like that last shot -- it is my favourite of all the YouCapture photos you have posted. I think you should definitely enter!

Jen said...

Wow, Shan, these are terrific! I really stink at photography. I'm in awe.

Unknown said...

Your girls are so cute. So, so cute. LOVE the last picture. And I love fairs : ) You should definitely enter.

Anonymous said...

these are brilliant pictures. you should definitely enter the contest

Betsy Hart said...

Definatly advanced, have you seen mine?? Those are amazing!!

Shan said...

MP - Thanks! I love the way Maya is looking at Abby in it.

Goofball - ok, you convinced me!

Lynn - aww, thank you!

Jen - boy am I glad you can comment again, you're good for my ego!

Kaishon - thanks. I think I will.

Tiddly - thanks for visiting.

Betsy - thanks buddy!!