Friday, July 24, 2009

friday high five - ice cream

Angela's Adventures


It briefly crossed my mind tonight to take the girls out for ice cream, but it never became anything more than that. It was just one of those nights that kind of slip away from you. Abby was across the street playing with a friend. Maya was wandering around the house having imaginary conversations into her Sleeping Beauty cell phone. As for Mike and I -- we just puttered. Next thing I knew it was an hour past bedtime and the girls were still up.


But if we had gone for ice cream -- for this week's Friday High Five -- these are my five favourite flavours in no particular order.

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Oh yum!!

2. Anything cheesecake.

3. Anything brownie, preferably with a ripple of fudge.

4. Pralines and cream -- and I hate nuts of all kinds, but pralines they're more like candy than nuts.

5. Cookies and cream.

What's your favourite flavour?

Abby hit up the Cold Stone Creamery with Granny and ordered a cotton candy ice cream with kit kat bars and marshmallows -- how about that?

8 comments:

septembermom said...

I always wanted to try the Cold Stone Creamery. It must be cool to make your own ice cream masterpiece. I want to have that brownie one with fudge too. I love chocolate chip ice cream. I think I gained 10 pounds just thinking about this post! Enjoy your weekend!

Merry said...

We went & got ice cream tonight! I had cherry cheesecake & it was yum! I also like peanut butter ice cream with chocolate chips. It sounds weird but is super yummy!

Angela said...

I never get ice cream b/c it is my weakness! It never enters the house! Isaiah is an addict but his Meme always has some on hand JUST FOR HIM!! My favorite is Moolineum Crunch!! Mmmm.....

Mommy Project said...

ohhh, I love anything "cheesecake", too. But, my newest discovery is Heavenly Hash. Yes, it is heavenly! I love ice cream. It is my favourite junk food. How could anything that good be bad for you????? Not fair.

Julie said...

Oooh, Heavenly Hash; Rocky Road (anything with marshmallow really); chocolate mint; Baccio gelato... I see a trend with chocolate.

But my very favorite is french vanilla with chocolate sauce and peanuts sprinkled on top.

Betsy Hart said...

Have you tried Ben and Jerry's Pfish Food?? DELISH!!

Jen said...

Anything cheesecake, too - or anything with dark chocolate.

I actually like just about ANY kind of ice cream - it's my biggest weakness. ;-)

Shan said...

September - well Abby loved it, the rest of us haven't been yet. That was part of her vacation treat with Granny.

Merry - Oh I can do the peanut butter with chocolate chips too. That one is Mike's favourite actually.

Angela - The kids are more about popsicles and freezies. Juts means more ice cream for me.

MP - That used to be pretty popular in our house growing up.

Julie - a good french vanilla is always nice too.

Betsy - should probably give it a try though.

Jen - I have a hard time saying no to it.