Sunday, August 16, 2009

can i ask you a question?

Well the fair is just around the corner and I've been busy trying to get my entries ready for the various categories I'll be trying my luck at. I'm actually going to throw caution to the wind and attempt a couple of advanced photography categories. The one is portrait - black and white and I'm stuck on which of these two I should enter. I know which one I'm leaning towrds, but am curious to hear what you guys think.

This one...

020052A


or this one..

020003B


Or this one... which is the same shot as above, but without the soft focus...

020003C

11 comments:

Goofball said...

I think the first one is the best

Lynn said...

I like the middle one. The sunglasses ROCK, and I prefer the soft focus.

Julie said...

I like the middle one best too.

Lady said...

I like the third one, without the soft focus. The lift of her lips is just SO expressive. I like to see it in all its clarity.

Infarrantly Creative said...

I like the middle one best also.

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours said...

I like the third one the best as well, but I'm just wondering if when you print it, if the top of her hat and on her chin is blown, and therefore, won't print. Or, do you already have it in print?

Jen said...

FWIW, I like the middle one. The soft focus helps to bring the portrait into sharper focus for me.

Mommy Project said...

I had to wait a day to vote bc I couldn't pick!!
It's hard when you have such a cute subject, isn't it? :-)
So...I've decided on the middle one. I love her sunglasses and blurring out the background helps to put the emphasis on her.

septembermom said...

I vote for the middle one. It's really nice. Love the sunglasses.

Leah said...

my vote is the last one! I love the crispness of it without the soft focus, and I love how the strands of her hair stand out against the background. It's also a nice close-up picture, while still showing a bit of the background to add some texture to the picture. It's great!

Bob Towery said...

#2! Very nice. Great expression, B&W is a good choice here.