Saturday, August 15, 2009

american idol live

As you may know this past season of American Idol was the first season I've watched in it's entirety. And it was all because of Danny Gokey. As soon as I heard the story about how he lost his wife -- that was it -- I was emotionally invested. I had to follow his progress until the end. So I watched the show faithfully all season, cheering on Danny. I was thrilled that he was doing so well and so disappointed when he didn't make it all the way. Now the only person who loved Danny Gokey more than I was Heather. So last night we did the only thing two Danny Gokey fans could do.....

030054


Yep we went to see him in concert. Also known as my lesbian date with Heather. Which was also awesome and not just because I got to second base thirty seconds into the date. Yeah I'm that good!

I wasn't quite sure what to expect of the live show and the Idols did not disappoint. My only minor complaint was I felt like at times the vocals and the music were competing against each other. Especially when Allison performed. She has a huge voice for a little girl and at times it was difficult to hear her singing clearly. I will say she rocked Barracuda by Heart right out of the arena.

030046


Scott, who I liked right from the start as well, did not disappoint. His set was great and he's super funny and y'all know how much I love the funny.

030019


And I do not mind telling you I am developing a little crush on Kris Allen. Why did I not notice how cute he was from the start?

030072


It was just a great night at a great concert with a great friend. Thanks Heather!!

030080

6 comments:

Mommy Project said...

You already know how totally jealous I am - but I'm also just very happy that you ladies had such a great time. :)

BTW-are those your pics? How close were you?!? Looks like you had some choice seats, too!

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a great time. We have good friends who are cousins of Kris Allen, so we had a different perspective on the whole process, etc., this year. It was a great season for many talented folks!

Shan said...

MP - thanks D! Yep, they are my pics. We had good seats, but my zoom made them look better than they were. I was very impressed with the performance of that camera.

Leah - it was thanks.

Jen - Yeah it was a great show.

Mommy Project said...

Wow! No kidding! I have the Canon 720 (I think it is...) and it is total sh*te! I cannot even take pictures of the kids school plays and stuff from the front row -- they are "too far away" and it is "too dark" for the camera to handle! I HATE that camera!! Yours is similar, I think...which version do you have?

Shan said...

I used to have a canon A75, but for Christmas I got a Fuji s1000 (I think). Love it!

Mommy Project said...

Oh, yes, I remembered that as soon as I posted. I need a new pocket (it's hard to pull out the big lug all the time, just for little family snapshots and stuff...i feel like a dork). Maybe Santa will bring me one like yours. :)