Friday, August 14, 2009

friday high five - the parade

Angela's Adventures


Time once a again for the Cactus Festival. Do you know that we've never once been to the actual Cactus Festival? We faithfully attend the parade every year, but never make it down over the weekend. So for this week's Friday High Five - My five favourite things about the parade.

020073


I can only hope to start a band myself one day and when I do I am totally playing the soup pot. I called it. Let some one else lug around the heavy drum. Or try and march while playing the tuba. Me - I'm good with the pot and ladle.

020072


This guy! He's my guy. Mr. Second VP himself.

020048


This guy! He's Heather's guy, but still super cute.

020076


And Grimace. Abby had no idea who he was. That's just sad.

020079


And of course, my favourite part of the parade. The super short shorts. Nobody knows why they have to be so short. They just are. And it's what brings us back year after year, the promise of those shorts.

5 comments:

kisatrtle said...

looks like sooo much fun.

Jen said...

I just love seeing what happens in other communities - this was such fun!

Shan said...

Kisatrtle - it is lots of fun. I look forward to it every year.

Jen - I enjoy seeing other's communities as well.

Angela said...

I like seeing other community festivals and parades too! Last year we went to as many surrounding festivals as we could and had a blast doing it! The Grimace thing.....just SAD!! My kids wouldn't know him either!

septembermom said...

I wish I could go! It does look like fun:) It must be cool to see what everyone comes up with to make a great parade.