Saturday, August 08, 2009

tour the village - the doctor's house

We continue our tour, down the street, to the house that I would so love to buy. You know if I could afford it's hefty price tag, not to mention the heating bill which would have to be nothing short of enormous. Regardless I still love it (and it is still for sale). And why wouldn't I - with four big bedrooms, two lovely bathrooms, a kitchen that was made for baking (well more so than my present kitchen), a functional basement (well more so than my present basement) and lots of large entertaining space.

010027


From what I am told, back in the day, this was the doctor's house. Do you see the door that is facing us? That's the main entrance to the house. You enter into a foyer with the staircase to your right and the living room/dining room combo to your left. Now if you look closely there is another door just around the corner from the main entrance. This apparently, was the entrance to the doctor's office. Inside that door is a little foyer that was likely a waiting type of area going into what is currently the family room, but at the time - I'm guessing - was the examination room that was closed off from the rest of the house. Of course that last little bit of information comes from the real estate agent who also told me that the house had all original mouldings, but even I could tell the baseboard was modern day materials doctored up to look like it was original. To be fair the mouldings on the doors and windows was authentically original. See it pays for me to watch all that HGTV.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

That's a neat house! How long has it been on the market? Do you know how much they are trying to sell it for? I'm always curious what real estate prices are in other places.

larkswing said...

I can see why you like that house. Quite charming! Wouldn't be fun to have a chance to live in any house we would like for awhile (and not worry about the price of the house or the heating/cooling!)

Betsy Hart said...

That place looks amazing!! :) Thanks for continuing the tour!

Goofball said...

the house just asks to be turned in a bed & breakfast with little restaurant downstairs and an outside terrace!