Monday, September 07, 2009

family fun night - so long summer

My buddy The Mommy Project had the idea to make Friday Family Fun Night and she even supplied us with a theme. This past Friday's was So Long Summer. I have to admit the theme was getting the best of me this week. I wasn't quite sure what we could do to say so long to summer. It finally came to me while I was perusing the School Fair Prize List, checking out what entries Abby had already completed and which ones she'd still need to make if she wanted to enter. I'll give you a hint....

010002


One of the categories is an original scrapbook page. So uploaded some pictures of Abby's trip to the Falls with Granny to have printed at WalMart and picked up some scrapping goodies at the dollar store and we got to work.

010004


Luckily I still had the kit that Grandma Linda had gotten me many many Christmases ago. So we had an album and papers and some other fun doodads.

010010


While the girls scrapped (Mike was working at the farm) we talked about all the fun we had this summer and I peeled the backs off the eleventy million stickers Maya stuck to her page.

010013


And we closed out the night with milkshakes (in fancy glasses) in the tent, that coincidentally the girls talked Grandma Sandi into putting up earlier that day. I wasn't sure how the scrapping would go over, but Maya declared it the "best day ever!" So I think they enjoyed themselves.

I hope you'll consider joining us for Family Fun Night. Next week's theme is Back to School. The Mr. Linky for your FFN post will go up over at The Mommy Project on Monday. And don't forget to head on over to visit my friend The MP and see how everyone else spent Family Fun Night.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This looks like so much fun! Wish I still had a little one. My 16-year-old male wouldn't have gone for the scrapbooking. (Maybe the milkshakes, though).