Sunday, February 21, 2010

and so it begins

So my Abby girl is dangerously close to being declared an actual tween. Shite...... I need to catch my breath for a second. How on earth is that even possible? I'm not going to lie to you, I feel woefully unprepared for this next chapter of motherhood, especially when we have conversations like this....

Convo #1

Me: Okay Abs, get into your snowpants and stuff we gotta head out for the bus.
Abby: You know, I wish you were me and I were you.
Me: Oh yeah. Why is that?
Abby: Because then you'd know what it's like to be me and see how hard it is.

Convo #2

Abby: I wish I was a boy and not a girl.
Me: How come?
Abby: Because then I could just go see the baby in the hospital and I wouldn't have to have it.
Me: ~stunned silence~
Abby: Does it hurt when you have a baby.
Me: Yeah, it does.
Abby: Then I am never having kids.

I would like to point out that these conversation were apropos of nothing.

3 comments:

Julie said...

oh my. well, if nothing else it will make for some good blog fodder.

good luck! ;-)

Lynn said...

Oh man, I am so afraid of these years. I want lots and lots of details on how you are getting through them, so I can follow your lead!

Last night Gal Smiley (who is 5) also told me that she is never having children come out of her tummy, because it would hurt. Instead she would like me to take her to the "baby store" when she turns 10 so she can adopt a baby.

I told her she'd have to be 18, so she asked if I would get one for her. RIGHT.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

LOL!!!