Sunday, February 28, 2010

only two years until the summer games

Well as of only moments ago the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics were declared officially closed. And with that I have just one question. What the hell am I going to do now that I won't be glued to my TV set every possible moment? We watched just about everything the Olympics had to offer be it on sleds, skis, skates or snowboards. We even watched curling, although don't ask me to explain how the game is played or scored... I have no idea. My favourites - snowboard cross, moguls, hockey, ice dance and biathlon. What were your favourites?

I love love love the Olympics, winter or summer doesn't matter much to me. I do admit, though that enjoyed these games the most of all. I mean sure they were held here in Canada and our Canadian athletes owned the gold podium, but I think it's even more than that. Every time I watched one of our athletes compete I couldn't help, but think of their parents and how overwhelmed with pride they must be. I thought about what it would be like if Abby and/or Maya were competing on the world's stage like that with the best of the best and I was overwhelmed with pride.

It was pure fabulousness from start to finish and I am so sad it's over. Although I'm not going to lie to you I am looking forward to a new episode of The Office this week. And as beautiful as that Believe song is I'm ready to be done hearing the opening bars played eleventy billion times a day.

Did you watch much of the Olympics? Are you sad or glad to see it go?

4 comments:

Julie said...

it was a great ending wasn't it? ski and snowboard cross were my favorites. and short track always has me sitting on the end of my seat with nerves. as does figure skating every time they jump. the list goes on and on.

only two more years...

Leah said...

I know what you mean about thinking about the proud parents. Did you see the commercial where it shows all the little kids in olympic sport attire and talks about how to their parents, they'll always be a kid...blah blah blah. Totally tear-jerker of a commercial, let me tell you!

we watched a lot of olympics as well, but the tv station that broadcasted everything swung WAYYYY heavy on the COMMERCIALS and INTERVIEWS and not much time on the actual competitions. And then really only showed the top qualifiers and focused on the Americans. I would have liked to have seen a broader range of the competitions and less of the BS thrown in to kill time. They also delayed it until prime-time, so you had to wait until 8pm to see anything, and by midnight, as it was ending, you still hadn't seen much due to all the filler. TOtally lame.

I rarely watch The Office (we do like the show, just end up on other channels or doing other things instead), but I am a baby fanatic and am pretty sure I will tune in this Thursday to see how the whole baby thing goes down. LOL

Mommy Project said...

That was the best hockey game I've ever seen in my entire life.
Wooooooooooooooooo-hooooooooooooo!!!
{Dave actually lost his voice for a bit after}.

Ya...I don't need to hear that song ever again.

Goofball said...

eum nope...only saw the opening ceremony. But then we have no winter athletes that make a chance in the competition.