*picture to come*
PINK LEMONADE CUPCAKES
- 1 pkg white cake mix without pudding in the mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup thawed frozen pink lemonade concentrate; thawed
- 2 TBSP oil
- pink food coloring (optional)
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pink lemonade concentrate
1. Beat cake mix, water, egg whites, 1/3 cup lemon concentrate, oil and food coloring. Medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into lined muffin cups.
2. Bake 18-22 mins. Cool completely before frosting.
3. Beat icing sugar, butter and 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate, until well blended. (Add more concentrate to thin frosting if necessary.) Add pink coloring to desired color.Recipe: I have to say the actual cupcake was just okay, but the frosting was really great. I ended up using almost 1/2 cup of concentrate to get it to the consistency I wanted, so I wound up with a nice tart icing. It was kind of like a sweet tart now that I think about it. It was a nice change from the everyday buttercream. I may try this using limeade. With a lemon cake. Mmmm. Lemon lime. I'll let you know how that works out.
PS While you're over at *my blog* take a moment to check out her movie nights. She sets the bar very high. Very high indeed.
What is What's Cooking Wednesday and how can I play?
What's cooking Wednesday was born out of a desire to get out of that what's for dinner rut. Playing is easy, on Wednesday post a recipe that has been tried and tested by you and then pop over here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. When entering your name also add the name of the recipe in brackets and make sure you link to your What's Cooking Wednesday post and not just your blog's front page. *All front page links will be deleted!* Don't make me be a jerk. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.
So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html
I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday