Friday, March 05, 2010

firday high five - making me smile

Today has been a pretty great day, overall. So for today's Friday High Five.....

Five things that are making me smile pretty big today.

1. Papa. I have said before we are firm believers in the "it takes a village to raise a child" theory. Mike and I are lucky to be geographically close to all of our parents and that they have all taken an active interest in the day to day raising of our kids. Today at school Abby's class was presenting that month's virtue assembly on the topic of honesty. Unfortunately I found out too late that her class would be presenting to get out of work to attend. Abby called me at work from school to ask me to please find Papa because it was very important that either Papa or I be there to see the assembly. Thank goodness it was an "either or" situation as this working Mama's heart was hurting enough that she had to miss it. So, Papa to the rescue. He made sure he was done with his work in enough time to head on over to the school and he even snapped some pics with his cellphone. He's a good man..... you really have no idea.

2. Michael, who was on his way to bed, but instead stayed up late and watched the recorded episode of The Office with me, which was so awesome because.......

3. The Office was super funny, yo. And I enjoy funny things so much more when I watch them with Mike. Please tell me you all watched The Office. Then tell me what your favourite part was. The breast feeding incident? The mold? The contract? Or just Jim being awesome and hawt through out the entire episode? (Heather did you watch? Tracy you need to catch up!)

4. Maya. Who has taken to say "Aww tartar sauce" every time she's annoyed with something or someone, so if you can imagine we hear that a lot around the ranch. So stinkin' cute I can't even stand it.

5. Abby. She watched Grease on YTV and immediately fell in love with the movie... oh and Danny Zuko. Apparently he's hawt, but not so much in the letterman sweater. She prefers him wearing his leather 'Tbird' jacket. So yeah, she's totally my daughter because she is right on the money with that one.

What's making you smile?

3 comments:

Julie said...

where did maya get that saying? très cute!

grease is the word abby!

Leah said...

Did watch the Office and Dan and I are still laughing over the spicy food "shove it up her butt" line. I was mid-sip of water on that one and totally sprayed water all over the place. hysterical! The breastfeeding part would have been hilarious, except Dan and I called it right from the second the baby first made noise in the middle of the night.

awww tartar sauce is adorable!!

Leah said...

ps abby and grease... did it open up too many cans of worms (sex/drugs/smoking/drinking references??) I keep debating letting Emily see it (she's allll about the singing and/or dancing movies)