Wednesday, March 10, 2010

what's cooking wednesday - chocolate cake

For Mike's birthday I was missing some ingredients for my usual chocolate cake, so I whipped up this one. Thank you allrecipes.com, you saved my butt again.

  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
  3. Add water, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat by hand until smooth.
  4. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
Recipe Notes: This was a great cake that got rave reviews. It wasn't as moist as the cake I usually make, but it was pretty dang close.





No comments: