Saturday, April 10, 2010

i'm here for the party

Ultimate Blog Party 2010


Welcome all you 2010 Ultimate Blog Partiers. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the interwebs. Please help yourself to some punch and a cookie or three.

Now a little about myself... gah! I hate public speaking. My name is Shannon, but you can call me Shan or Shanny. I am a soon to be 37 year old wife and mother of 2 gorgeous girls. Michael and I have been married for 13 years. And we're having huge amounts of fun raising our seven year old, Abby and our four year old, Maya.

Besides all the laundry that a family of four requires me to do, in my spare time I like to cook and bake. I also knit, mostly scarves and hats for a local agency. It's my way of making some good come out of all the trashy TV I watch, like Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, Survivor, Parenthood, The Office and Greys. I host a monthly movie night with my girls friends... we just celebrated our 1st anniversary. It's the best thing ever. I highly recommend it. We also like Family Movie Nights with themed snacks. And we love to play board games of all kinds. Not surprisingly we call those, Family Game Nights. I truly love social media and waste copious amounts of time of twitter and facebook.

Mike and I both enjoy volunteering, giving back and paying it forward. We are both on the parent's council at our daughter's school. He as co-chair, I as secretary. We are both active with our local agricultural society and the fair it puts on every year. Mike is 1st vice president this year as well he sits in on other committees. I help out with the society's social media stuff (more time for twitter and facebook, heaven!) as well as looking after prize tabulation for the school fair.

Wow, once I get started I just can't stop.

And when I'm not doing all of that I also find time to be -- be it by blood or by marriage or by choice -- a daughter, sister, Aunt, best friend, niece and cousin. I am currently in the midst of making healthy life changes - which for us means being on weight watchers. Between Mike and I we've lost over 50 lbs - the difference being split 80/20 for him. I love my crocs, my yoga pants and my jammies - not necessarily in that order. Also the Wii, my kitchenaid mixer, sprinkles, royal icing and my barbecue... oh and Chef Guy Fieri and his show Diners, Drive ins and Dives. I'd love to own a diner or a drive in or a dive one day. Or a bakery. Or small general store.

Thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

ConnieFoggles said...

Thanks for your party post. It's really nice to meet you! I'm addicted to Social Media too so I can relate. Love your pay it forward ideal. I try to do that as much as I can online and off. Party On!

Jenn said...

Congrats on the healthy lifestyle changes and the weight loss! My hubby and I have lost 80 lbs over the last 6 months but it more like 90/10 him! I'm still working on it!

Hope you are having fun at the UBP!

Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

ThinkFeminist said...

Happy UBP Party!!! I love your blog honey.....I am now following on Google Friend Connect. Feel free to stop by mine as well at www.safehomehappymom.com

This is way fun than I thought, meeting new blogs I didnt even know exist! I will be reading up on archives all night long.

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

came from the blog party!! and loveee your blog name! :) you sound so nice and friendly..thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the UBP! I enjoyed visiting your site. I love the idea of a movie night with themed snacks.

Unknown said...

I enjoy volunteering too. We raised our son to enjoy giving his time and money.
After all the years of family volunteering we were blessed to see our son become "Youth of the Year for Boys and Girls Clairemont Club" in San Diego.
He's now a part time counselor at a local recreation center that he had volunteering at for 2 years.
Love your blog and really enjoyed my visit.
I think this is my 3rd year. Not sure but really enjoy meeting new bloggers.
Great prizes this year! I hope you win one..or two.
I was late too but fashionable late for the UBP 2010.

Muthering Heights said...

A movie night sounds like so much fun!! :)

I'm stopping by from the UBP. Enjoy the party!

Shari@aPsychMommy said...

Hi there! That's so great that you guys enjoy volunteering--that was my New Years Resolution to volunteer more but I still haven't dedicated time towards it. The monthly movie night sounds like a great idea!

Merry said...

Happy UBP to one of my first & best blog friends! You ROCK!

Scatteredmom said...

So nice to meet you! I love it that you are also participating in Food Revolution Fridays!

I'm a twitter junkie too. It's BAD.

Unknown said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you. I'm new to the party myself. I love your blog name! So cute!!

I hope you can stop by our blog: http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com
Inspiredgifts.com is a mom owned newly launched site.

Have a beautiful day
Rebecca

Irene said...

Hello Shan,
It is nice finding you. Your blog feels so welcoming. I am follwoing you and I shall be visiting again. Enjoy the party!

Robyn | Add a Pinch said...

So nice to meet you! Congratulations on your weight loss.

Stopping by from the UBP! I hope you are having a great week.

Pop on over if you get a chance, I'm having a $50 Amazon Gift Card giveaway. It ends April 16th.

http://www.ourhomeschoolhome.com/2010/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

Tracey C. said...

Hi! Stopping by for the UBT party! I also have girls, but I have 3! Aren't they fun? I need to follow your lead and make a few healthy changes too! Thanks for inspiring us!



Tracey
My UBP blog post: Challenging Our Family to Live Frugally blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! and enter my goodie box giveaway!!Tons of goodies worth over $50!

Norma-ann said...

Ahhh...I miss my old blog. And you. Wish I could find more hours in the day! Don't know how you do all you do.
:)
xo
me.

Shan said...

Thanks everybody for stopping by to visit! And to my dear Norma-ann, down there.... I miss you too and your blog.

Cheryl D. said...

I'm still visiting blogs via the UBP! Nice blog!