Saturday, May 08, 2010

make a wish

So ear candling, it appears some of you haven't heard of this phenomenon. Personally I haven't had it done before, but I've made arrangements to have it done soon. I watched Michael have his done a few months ago and I know a few people who've had it done.

One of my best gal pals, ML, not only does ear candling, but also makes ear candling candles. Yep it takes a special kind of beeswax candle. I believe it's wrapped in muslin and I know it has a hollow core. Very basically, you light one end and then stick the unlit end into the opening of your ear. Since the candle is hollow it creates a light suctioning type of effect that pulls all kinds of things out of your ear canal. I won't go into details, but I saw what came out of Mike's ears..... blech!

For the past week or so I've felt like my ears are blocked up. Like I've been swimming and now can't get the water out of them. Well to be honest the left one is worse then the right. So I've got ML ready to work her magic on me. I'll let you know what me thoughts are after it's done.

Has anybody else had their ears candled before?

3 comments:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I have had my ears candled and I've candled ears as well. It is kinda weird at first as you are in that odd little position and there is a lit candle sticking out of your ear making popping and crackling sounds.

There are a few schools of thought on the effectiveness of it. I think one time, we burned the candle alone and the same amount of gunk was present. I think that was the last time I did candling.

I would say to try it. If it works for you then great. If not, nothing lost and you will have an interesting experience to share.

Leah said...

I have heard of it, but have never done it. What did you think???

Julie said...

so what's the report? i am very curious.