Sunday, May 16, 2010

random bits

Turned out to be a pretty sweet weekend.

Took the kids grocery shopping. It's not something we do often. It was controlled chaos as I'm sure you can imagine.

It took the whole weekend to get my house back into some semblance of normal after the hectic week we had getting ready for the wing ding.

I baked more cookies..... like I needed to do that.

After the surge of interest in my baking at the wing ding, Mike thinks I need to get serious about it. Also he thinks my business name should be Old Village Bakery. All because of a painted sign I picked up for $2 when I was running around with ML that says Old Village Bakery. I bought it for two reasons #1 - It was $2. #2 I live in an old village and I like to bake. What do you think? Should I go with it/for it?

Mike and I finally got around to watching Iron Man... the first one. We were both surprised that we enjoyed it as much as we did. Also, why didn't anybody tell me how hawt Robert Downey Jr is? For reals. I hear Iron Man 2 is not as good as the first. Anybody seen it?

I could not stay up for SNL no matter how hard I tried. Kept drifting off. Ticked me off cause Alec Baldwin was on and he's always gold on SNL. Anybody catch it?

Think I've finally made a decision on which cell phone to get and with who. I may take care of it when I'm on holidays in a week. I'll be able to text again. This excites me more than I can tell you. And before you ask, no it's not an iPhone. I don't have crazy graphic designer cash like my bro.

Also think we made a decision on which TV to get. After a group discussion with some pals tonight.

Got to hang out with some of my besties tonight - HPH, ML & her family, my online BFF and his family. All to watch Survivor. Michael did not win his work Survivor pool this year. It was looking good there for a little while. It was great to watch with a crowd of people. I think this may become a regular thing. Did you watch? What did you think of the outcome?

5 comments:

Julie said...

i think you should totally go for is and open up the "Old Village Bakery." What a perfect name.

robert downey jr? dreamy isn't he? i've been a fan for ever and think he has gotten hawter with age. i saw ironman 2 in nfld. not as good as the first, but a fun ride none the less.

Leah said...

Old Village Bakery has a nice ring to it!! I like it!!

Um, seriously, had a HUGE HUGE HUGE (beyond HUGE) obsessive crush on Robert Downey, Jr back in High School. Have you ever seen the movie Heart and Souls? It's been YEARS since I have, but it's funny, sad, adorable all wrapped up into one movie, and there's a scene towards the end where he has this expression on his face that would turn me into a puddle of goo. Boys in my 10th grade class would tease me that he was gay, just to get a rise out of me. LOL he disappeared for a number of years, but when I saw Iron Man, I thought he still had "it". Haven't seen Iron Man 2. Not really my kind of movie. But if he were to do another romantic lead, I'd be all over it!!!!!!!!!! *grin*

Leah said...

PS I'm with Julie, I think he's gotten even better with age. YUM. ha ha!

Lynn said...

I love the Old Village Bakery name and idea of the sign. It'll make a great story when you are a bazillionare and have stores across the nation :). Go for it!

Shan said...

Julie - Yep, he sure is Julie! And thanks I think it's pretty perfect too.

Leah - I haven't seen that movie. But he definitely still has it.

Lynn - That's true, it would make an awesome story. I can already picture me telling it to Guy Fieri when he comes to feature me on Diners, Drive ins and Dives.