Thursday, November 04, 2010

halloween disco

Oh my gosh. It seems like Halloween was about a month ago. It really just wasn't on Sunday night was it? I have to tell you I actually loved this Halloween. This holiday has really grown on me in the last couple of years. This may have been the first time in my life I haven't had any anxiety about all the people dressed up in costumes. Heck I even dressed up myself... kinda, sorta.

030054


This year Mike and I were invited to a Halloween party. I haven't been to a Halloween party since I was about sixteen and some quick and dirty math will tell you that was eons ago. We had actually decided not to go. We'd been out the night before and Maya was just a bear and it really didn't seem worth the effort. So we were settled in with the kids watching Scared Shrekless when ML & T popped by on their way to the party with a costume for me (it was a disco theme). Mike agreed to hold down the fort and with no good reason not to..... I went.

72267_493034246010_603251010_7412643_5122943_n


So we danced and we sang and we made some new friends and we laughed. Oh my gosh did we laugh. Everyone was in costume, nobody wimped out. And really great costumes too. It was like stepping into a time machine. It was all white patent leather platform boots, afros, bell bottoms and tight shirts unbuttoned to the navel (guys only on that one). Our host is a long time DJ (he DJ'ed our wedding!!) so you know the music was great. We didn't stay too late, that's what happens when you party with a dairy farmer.... 5am comes early and the cows are easier to milk when you aren't hungover.... I would imagine.

It was a really great night. A big thank you to the world's greatest DJ for inviting us. And more big thanks to my best peeps ML & T for bringing me along. I really had so much fun.

Did you hit up any Halloween parties this year?

1 comment:

Julie said...

too much fun! i haven't been to a halloween party since my 20s. i was a sheep to my friends bo-peep. the night ended with us "borrowing" pumpkins from everyone's houses and decorating the front of the local store. yeah, there wasn't any drinking involved. at all. really. ok, maybe a little bit.