Wednesday, January 05, 2011

almost five

As of this evening Christmas has been packed away, back in it's rubbermaid totes and stashed in the top of the toy room closet. This may be the earliest I've ever packed Christmas away. This also may be the first time I've ever packed everything up in one day. In fact last year Abby's little tree stayed up in her room the entire year.

Now it's time to turn our focus to our little MyPie, who's turning 5 in two weeks. Two weeks! Five!! For real life? How is it even possible? Now that she's in school she gets to have her first school party. She's been planning the guest list for about a month now and has decided she wants to watch Despicable Me, have chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and wants to collect canned goods instead of presents. So she's laid the ground work for me, now I just have to put my own special stamp all over it.

I'm kind of grateful she's picked a pretty easy party, because I'm not feeling overly creative right now. So I am currently accepting suggestions on how to add some wow to an afternoon movie party.

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Hope she has fun at her school party! =)

Leah said...

kids frosting and decorating their own cupcake? find some cute little cardboard containers each kid can decorate with stickers, etc and then use as little popcorn containers during the movie. (maybe have some popcorn seasonings they can choose from and sprinkle on their popcorn)? Find a cute craft that relates to the movie? (and maybe have coloring pages related to the movie, and crayons set out so kids can color as they arrive while you're waiting for everyone else...). Maybe get cheap goggles of some kind they can wear to look more like the movie characters (I haven't seen the movie, so am just going by the movie posters I've seen!!).

you are incredible crafty and creative, so I know whatever you come up with will be FABULOUS!!