Monday, February 21, 2011

don't put it on my plate

A little discussion popped up amongst some of my favourite tweeps about foods we don't like, so I thought I would compile my list of food no go's here....

I cannot stand the following.....

Walnuts
Pecans
Pop
Plain potato chips - unless you've got dip.
Cooked spinach - on it's own. I'm okay if it's in with something like pasta.
I don't care for bones in my meat, but I absolutely despise a pork chop with a bone.
Whipped cream
Pumpkin pie
Spam - even the smell makes me gag
Plain peanuts - honey roasted are a whole other delicious story.
red grapes
green olives
fish of any kind - tuna sandwiches are good though
rice pudding
milk or sugar in my tea
liver
fruit peel in baking
coconut
strawberry and banana together

I'm sure there is more, but that will do for now. What would you put on your no go food list?

6 comments:

Pam said...

I'm pretty good at eating almost anything but I just can't do bananas in any form. Oh, and black licorice. And any type of seafood that is slimey - oysters and the like.

Bibliomama said...

Tuna
Liver
mushrooms (I can cook with them but not eat them - texture thing)
peppers (same as mushrooms)
anything with orange dye in it
horseradish

Julie said...

oh, i'm stealing this idea, so i can't divulge my list. but whipped cream? seriously?

Carol@easytobeglutenfree said...

Funny I really love just about everything on your list - except for the spam but even that I would probably eat in a pinch. I like just about anything except Clams and Oysters - those 2 really gross me out.

Shan said...

@Pam - I am with you on the black licorice and the oysters. Blech!

@Bibliomama - I was never a big fan of peppers, but I'm coming around.

@Julie - can't wait to read. And yes. Whipped cream. Gag.

@Carol - I can't even stomach the smell of spam. So gross.

Desi said...

Oh wow I wish I didn't like some of these things! I would be like 30 pounds lighter lol! I WISH I didn't like pop... I really need to give that up! But Dr. Pepper is just so good :) And no whipped cream?!!? Oh my! And I love a good bone-in pork chop. Ha it's funny how people like different things! I enjoyed reading this.