Sunday, February 20, 2011

multiple choice

So we all survived our trip to Toronto. Mike and I. The kids. All the grandparents. Because in the end it did take all of us to pull it off. Did I even mention why we were in Toronto? Have I mentioned that Mike is now President of our local Agricultural Society? He is and as such the society paid for us to be in Toronto for two days to attend the OAAS convention, held in the swanky Royal York hotel. So there were meetings, seminars, round table discussions, showcases and receptions to attend, but there was also time for visiting with other fairs and we may have snuck in a bit of fun here and there.

If we're friends on facebook... and if we aren't yet, how come you haven't added me? Then you know I alluded to having a story to tell, but not being sure if I had clearance to tell it. Well lucky for you all, I did get clearance, but then I thought it would be too easy to just tell you what it was, so we're going to play a little game. I'm going to tell you a bunch of little stories and then you try and guess which one is true... only my best gal Robin doesn't get to play because she already knows what went down. Good luck.

Story #1
On the way to watch Mike pick up an award for our fair (we were named fair of the year for 2010 by the amusement company we deal will) I received a call from the school. Maya was sick and needed to be picked up. I called various grandparents and couldn't get an answer anywhere. Finally got Papa on the phone, but he didn't know who he was talking to or what I was talking about.

Story #2
When we checked into our room we found 1 king sized bed and not 2 doubles. In a hotel of 1365 rooms there was not another room with 2 doubles to be had. Did I mention we were sharing a room with ML one night? Some quick and dirty math will tell you there was three of us and only one bed. What to do? We risked the scandal and shared the bed. Me in the middle, Mike to my left and ML to my right.

Story #3
Riding the subway a couple of young and very drunk ladies got on and began vandalizing the car we were riding in. Security was summoned, a scuffle ensued and one of the very drunk young ladies ended up sprawled across our laps with her skirt a titch higher than it should have been.

So what do you think? Which one of those things actually happened?

2 comments:

Goofball said...

story 3 :p


but I want the long version of all 3 though ;)

Julie said...

i say all three happened. but if i have to choose, number 2.