Wednesday, March 23, 2011

abtronica

Poor Abby, lately she's been getting swallowed up in the drama that is Maya. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and for the most part Abby's a quiet, happy, easy to get a long with kind of a kid. I am trying to be more mindful of her, making sure I'm focusing on her, so with that in mind......

I mentioned that Abby had decided all on her own that she wanted to give up chips for Lent. This past Sunday while they were out with Grandma, Maya ate chips right in front of her. She told me today that she really wanted some, but she didn't do it. So I took a few moments to tell her how incredibly proud I was of her because this is something she took on all on her own. Mike and I don't really give anything up for Lent. Well I shouldn't speak for Michael. I know I don't and if he does he isn't mentioning it. So, this truly is a project all her own.

Abby has told me for years that she wants to be an artiste when she grows up. She spends endless hours with paper and markers, just drawing and creating and colouring. I'd say she's pretty good, but I could be a little bit biased.

Fairly Odd Parents by Abby


If you have younger kids that you may recognize the characters from Fairly Odd Parents. It's one of the shows the kids watch that I don't really mind watching with them. I love Cosmo!

Another one of my the kid's favourite is/was Sixteen. Sadly, they aren't making new episodes anymore. A friend of Mike's was at a Comic Con and got one of the actors to record a message for the Abster. It's only 20 seconds long and the sound isn't fantastic, but Abby was over the moon that "Jude" sent her a message and he called her Abber at the end which is just one of a dozen names we call her around here. Just really awesome, such a sweet thing to do to make a little kid's day.

4 comments:

Leah said...

That's awesome they recorded a message for her!!!

Betsy Hart said...

That is totally cool that they did that for her. I too have a quiet one, its hard when they are so "good" most of the time. =)

ShadowStorm said...

Glad Abby liked the video. There was lots of other noise going on while I was trying to record. Christian is an awesome guy!

Shan said...

@Shadow She loved it. Thanks so much for doing that for her. I am a total Christian fan for life now.