Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lent

Today in Sunday School, Lent was a big topic of conversation. Or so I hear from Abby, who came back up declaring we all had to give something up for 40 days.

Me: Well what do you think you should give up?
Abby: Not TV! Please don't say TV. I couldn't give up TV.
Me: Ummm you have to decide what to give up. I'm not telling you to give up anything.
Abby: Well, that's good because I really couldn't do it.
Me: Okay pick something else then, but remember it should be something that's a bit of a challenge.
Abby: Okay, chips. I'll give up chips.
Me: That's a good idea.
Abby: But I'll start tomorrow because we're going swimming with Grandma and she'll probably have some as a treat for after swimming.
Me: Ummm
Abby: I guess now she'll have to bring cupcakes instead.

There you have it folks... Lent and my 8 year old.

Are you giving up anything for Lent?

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Candy. And its gonna be HARD! I can't even tell you how many times I have wanted some just because I "can't" I hate that!

Goofball said...

haha she's funny, simply substitutin. Hmmm chips would be quite a challenge for me. I didn't give it much tought yet, but last years I tried to drive more conciously and speed less