Wednesday, March 09, 2011

what's cooking wednesday

Wow. So somehow I got a day behind myself. The beginning of this week was crazy... not quite a Charlie Sheen level of craziness, but still it was up there. Abby was tremendously sick and that just threw a monkey wrench in the entire works. I never thought I would be thankful to hear her and Maya bickering their faces off. I'm sure it will return to being annoying by tomorrow, though.

All that to say I am a day late with What's Cooking Wednesday and in related news I have no recipe for you, so I thought it was a good time to take care of some house keeping.

What's Cooking Wednesday has been my pet project for quite some time. I still remember when I came up with the idea sitting at the kitchen table with Michael. That was 228 posts ago. Wow. That's pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. So I have a lot invested. I love to see you all participating, but if you choose to do so I ask that you please be respectful of my space here. You are welcome to sign up with Mr. Linky, but in return you must link your post back here. Not sure how to do that.... just ask I am more than happy to help. I do check the links and any that aren't complying with my few simple rules will be deleted. I feel like a real jerk when I'm doing it, so do me a solid and help me avoid that feeling.

Now on to my pal Joe... have you met Joe? Now Joe and I go way back, but he is brand new to the blogging world. Click on over and tell him I sent you over to say hey..... go ahead, I'll wait.

Now Joe likes to blog and cook and he's wickedly funny... my favourite kind of peeps, but he was unsure how to play WCW. So for his benefit and any other newbies... here's whatcha do...

Cook and/or bake something. Take a picture. Type out the recipe and post it on your blog on Wednesday Night. Then pop over here and link up your post. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. And remember if you don't know how to do the linky thing, just drop me a message and I will help you out.

Thanks for playing along with me every week.




What is What's Cooking Wednesday and how can I play?

What's cooking Wednesday was born out of a desire to get out of that what's for dinner rut. Playing is easy, on Wednesday post a recipe that has been tried and tested by you and then pop over here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. When entering your name also add the name of the recipe in brackets and make sure you link to your What's Cooking Wednesday post and not just your blog's front page.

*All front page links will be deleted!*
*Posts that aren't linked back will be deleted*
*Posts that don't include some sort of a recipe will be deleted*

Don't make me be a jerk. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html

I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday

1 comment:

Pam said...

I think this is the first time I get to participate! So exciting! I shall have to blog about my cooking experiments again so I can join in more often. Cheers!