Saturday, May 21, 2011

extreme couponing #7

I went over my grocery budget of $200 this week by about $20. So this week grocery shopping was backed up a day due to Mike working at the farm. There are some very cool developments happening at our friends dairy farm that makes me wish ML had a blogger because it would be very cool to watch this all unfold. Not only were we a day late, but we had both girls with us as well. We don't normally have the kids with us when we shop, so I'm sure that inflated the bill a little bit. That's my story anyway.

Actually I am not upset with the money we spent. I have some coupons that are due to expire and there was some really great deals to be had, so I went over to build up a little bit. For example Oil of Olay body wash was on sale for $3.99 and I had two $5 off coupons when you bought two. So that means I got two of the four bottles for free. I also picked up 6 deodorant for Mike that were on sale for $1.99 and I had a bunch of different coupons for those, $3 off when you buy 2 and $1 off one. I ended up paying $4 for all six. I also stocked up on some shampoo combining admatching with coupons.

I redeemed a lot of coupons this week. Mike almost fell over when the total bill rang up at $275, so only paying $219 for that was pretty awesome. Have I also mentioned that we pay for our groceries with our WalMart mastercard which I then pay off when I get home? We get 1.25% cash back when we shop at WalMart and 1% everywhere else. So far we have $120 on our card and we plan to leave it there until Christmas.

Beyond the stockpiling of toiletries groceries were pretty normal with a few extras. Like I mentioned the kids are never with us when we go shopping, so I don't mind allowing them to pick out a few treats.

As for the bottom line, it was out biggest savings yet....

Ad-match - $17.76
Discount - $24.60
Coupons - $30.71
Total - $73.07

Total Savings to date - $333.46

No comments: