Monday, May 02, 2011

walking again

It's been three years since we participated in the relay for life. We had grand plans to keep participating each year, but.... well I really can't tell you what brought about this hiatus. To be honest I almost let this year slip by as well, but I wasn't willing to take another year off so I signed myself up before I could think of a reason not to.

This year I'll be walking with my Jammie Movie Night Crew. Mike has offered to be our one man support team. He better be ready to make a 3am coffee run, just sayin'. I am looking forward to spending this amazing night with some of my best girls.

I think that everyone's life has been touched by cancer in someway and I'm no different. I am dedicating my walk to my dear sweet Grandma, who died of cancer when I was 16 and for Papa Joyce, who passed away while I was pregnant with Maya, her great-granddaughter who we named after her and for Papa Al, who we are so lucky to have here still kicking. I'm walking for all the times that cancer has crept it's way into my circle. I'm walking to make sure it happens less and less.

If you would like to sponsor me on my walk please go to my personal fundraising page. Thank you.

1 comment:

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

Good for you!!!! Cancer is a horrible, awful tyrant-and any research and funding is so necessary to kick it! Great job in helping to make that happen!