Monday, June 06, 2011

weekend round up

Life was full this past weekend. I'm still kind of impressed we managed to squeeze in as much as we did.

Friday night the kids slept over at Papa and Grandma Linda's so Mike and I could pretend that we were still in our twenties and headed out with friends to my cousin's buck and doe. He was the ring bearer in our wedding and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that's he's now old enough to be getting married himself. Our game plan was to be home early-ish, but the drinks were tasting good and the laughs weren't stopping and we were enjoying the company of old friends and before you knew it the clock was reading 2:30 as we climbed into bed. And just to set your minds at ease... yes we did have a DD.

Abby`s birthday cake!


So to bed at 2:30 and up at 6:30 to go grocery shopping for the Abster's birthday open house. This was our first time going the open house route. Abby was performing with the choir at a Music Evening at the church in the evening, so we decided to have an open house over lunch. I loved this a bunch. People came and went. We had the food laid out before guests arrived, there was no need to fuss in the kitchen. Abby opened gifts as people arrived leaving her time to visit and play with cousins and friends. It was awesome.

The birthday girl!


I may have mentioned that Maya's favourite song is the Glee version of Beth. She's gone on itunes on my laptop and played it 21 times. She plays it on my phone.. it's my ringtone. She loves this song like crazy. Abby got Glee Karaoke Revolution for her birthday... so now Maya is singing Beth through the speakers on the TV every chance she gets. Yesterday she laid on the couch with a microphone and sang it and sang it and sang it and then she sang it again. And every time she finished a performance she says... Thank you. I love you! Good night! I'll see you next time! It is equal parts adorable, funny and frickin' annoying.

Both my girls are up there singing for music night at the church.


Saturday night we attended Music Night at the church, put together by our music director, who is so crazy talented you can't even believe it and she's only 17. Amazing!! The music was fantastic and both of my girls got up and sang. They were fantastic! And I'm not just saying that because I'm their Mom. So glad Auntie Yoli could share the evening with us...... Yay for her moving closer to home!!

Sunday was our church's 210th Anniversary. Can you believe that? Special guests joined us for the service and then we all shared lunch together.... awesome, but we missed the ice cream truck. Dang. It's okay, we caught him on Saturday.

Wow I got tired typing all that out.

1 comment:

Merry said...

Beautiful job on Abby's cake! We have Evan's birthday coming up & I am going to buy him a cake. If only you lived closer! I know I could probably do it if I tried but I just can't get excited about it with everything as busy as it is. It sounds like you had an amazing weekend!