Friday, November 25, 2011

friday high five - foods i shouldn't buy

So my personal trainer, Abby, has me running and doing yoga and has directed me to download a bootcamp app from itunes this weekend. She's serious about this, yo! I guess that means I have to get serious about this too. That means being smarter at the grocery store and that means no more buying those foods that I just can't leave alone, like........

1. Fresh bread. Like super duper fresh bakery bread. I may have bought some very fresh, very delicious multi-seed rolls while grocery shopping this afternoon.
2. Cream cheese... well really all cheese makes me weak in the knees, but cream cheese is the worst.
3. Cracked black pepper cashews. Oh my. I could eat the whole can in one sitting. Yes, I could.
4. Salt and vinegar chips. While I love s&v I am always vaguely disappointed. They are never salty or vinegary enough.
5. Honey maple ham. I am not a real fan of lunch meat. I think it's kind of gross, but the stuff we get at the deli counter is the best lunch meat ever invented. I'm not even sure who makes it, but it has a very distinct maple flavour that I love. I almost wept this afternoon when I attempted to purchase some only to be told they were sold out. They also sold out of my favourite pretzel buns so this week's shopping trip was clearly and epic fail!

What foods are you powerless against?

2 comments:

Kaci said...

MMMMmmmmm all that sounds delish!

Lisa Thornbury said...

You can download bootcamp from itunes. I'm pretending I didn't read that and hiding behind MY bag of Salt and Vinegar chips...