Monday, November 07, 2011

ho ho ho

Christmas has been on my mind lots the past couple of weeks. Usually by this point I'm well into my Christmas shopping, but I'm not there this year. I'm not sure why, but I can take an educated guess. Things have been a whirlwind since the summer and we've had a bit of a rough patch. We tried something new and it didn't work out, it's unfortunate and the whole thing has been really difficult on the four of us. On top of that Mike and I both had pretty heavy workloads with our various volunteer endeavours over the past two months. It's been all we can do to keep our heads above water. All of that of course, doesn't matter because at the end of the day Christmas is coming whether I'm ready or not.


Mike and I have been running things up the flagpole for a couple of weeks now. We've decided that our theme for Christmas this year is going to be less is more and it's the thought that counts. It's been kind of fun coming up with outside of the box gift ideas. I'd love to tell you more about them, but I've got real life peeps that read this thing. I will say this though, I'm very excited about the plan we've come up with. I'm hoping that everyone else has as much fun with this as I'm going to have.

Have you planned out your holiday gift giving yet?

7 comments:

Lynn said...

It just hit me this week that Christmas is coming, and coming fast. I usually try to finish all my shopping before December 1, both to avoid the crowds and also so we can just focus on fun stuff like baking cookies and making crafts in the weeks leading up to the big event. So I'm trying not to panic about it, I still have three weeks or so to shop and we are also doing a very minimal thing this year...but the panic is lingering just outside the frame!

Chantal said...

I haven't started. Note even close.

Pam said...

Christmas is in the left-field of my mind right now but I'm looking forward to beginning to think about it. Love the "less is more" theme. Opens the door for creativity and more meaningful options. Have fun with it and I look forward to hearing about your ideas later.

Betsy Hart said...

I am so nowhere near where we should be for Christmas. We are living with His family away from all mine... its gonna be a rough holiday for me this year. :( Less is more sounds like a wonderful idea for Christmas! I might do some of that myself...

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

I'm totally feeling the same! Just wrote about it!

Shan said...

I'm excited and nervous about what we've decided to do this year. There is a lot of meaning in this for me. It makes me smile every time I think about it. I hope everyone loves it half as much as I do.

Goofball said...

we don't give Christmas gifts...just lots of family gatherings & get-togethers. No stress for me