Wednesday, November 16, 2011

now what

No question I am pretty stinkin' proud of the Abster for winning that ipod, but it kind of threw everything out of whack. You see the plan was for the big guy in red to bring her an ipod and MyPie a leap pad. So, now what?

Exactly... now what.

For starters I think we're going to push the leap pad back to Maya's birthday.

And then I don't know. I picked up some art canvases for them and a webkinz for each of them. I know I don't want a lot more "stuff". It's kind of weird not to have a plan. I always have a plan for Christmas. I figure it'll all come together at some point.

Hopefully before the 25th.

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

Oh I hear you on the plan. I hate not having a plan, but at this point, I just take it a day at a time and pray things come together. =)

Chantal said...

oh I know. I have no plan this year and it is driving me nuts. Yesterday I spent my lunch hour wandering around the Costco toy section wondering what on earth will I get my kids. UGH

Leah said...

I usually have things for my kids pretty well figured out by now as well, but this whole year has just been a few steps ahead of me. I mean, how is it nearly December already???? I'm still somewhere back in March, maybe... LOL That said, Santa told me he is bringing each kid their main thing off their wish lists (ipod touches for the boys, stack of clothes from Justice for Emily), and then as their gift from us, we're taking the kids to Great Wolf Lodge. Christmas will cost an arm and a leg more than we usually budget ourselves, but Dan and I have both agreed that we'd rather spend extra and be out making fun family memories, than spend less and have tons of "crap" we have to find room for in our house (between the three kids, we've got all the games, play-doh, legos, books, art supplies, etc you could possibly ever need). Now to figure out gifts for the cousins, grandparents, etc.