Monday, March 26, 2012

sunday randoms

Wow. I blinked and the weekend was over. Busy, busy, busy.

We watched the Ides of March Friday night. I'm pretty sure Ryan Gosling and George Clooney need to be making at least one movie a year together. Get on that Hollywood. Beyond that, I really enjoyed the movie. Lots of twists and turns. Have you seen it? Did you love it?

We had some of our favourite peeps over very late Saturday night and my plan was to sleep in Sunday morning. Then our phone starting ringing before 8am. What? My heart instantly crawled up into my throat because a phone that early on a Sunday morning can't be good news, right? And it wasn't. Seems Mike was late for work..... or at least they thought he was. He doesn't work Sundays ever, but for some reason the schedule said he was. So instead of sleeping in I dragged my ass out of bed and went for a run. I know, I'm as shocked as you are.

I made white trash dip for Saturday night. Don't ask me about the name, I have no idea. It was delicious and completely awful for you I'm sure... what with all the chili, cream cheese, cheddar and bacon. I kind of wish I had some right now.

As if the white trash dip wasn't enough I was lucky enough to attend a Parisian themed bridal shower this afternoon. Nothing but croissants, cheese and quiche as far as the eye could see. Oh and cupcakes and chocolate fondue and a bunch of other stuff. All so yummy. On a related note, The Abster and I hit the trail with our bikes after dinner.


2012-03-24_21.25.06.jpg


Saturday night was tie dyed night. Time to make our Jersey Girls team shirts for Relay For Life. We had some Junior Jerseys with us and they had an absolute blast creating their shirts.


2012-03-25_21.57.47.jpg


We even made one for our newest Junior Jersey.

Maya was invited to a birthday party Saturday afternoon and she was so excited to go. Then she got there and it was all just too much. She spent the first 5 minutes standing off to the side in tears. She wanted to go home, so that's what we did. The Mom was super sweet and dropped a piece of cake off for her after the party. Poor MyPie.

Are you watching Ricky Gervais' new show, Life's Too Short? Mike dies laughing at it every week.

My plan was to go to bed early to make up for that early and unnecessary wake up call, but here it is once again, too-late o'clock. One day I'll get it.


No comments: